Álvaro Negredo Sánchez (part two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville Kneville said:
conormcfc said:
mad zab said:
Of course it is reasonable. However, it is also reasonable to ask people to judge him on how he plays rather than calling him a second rate signing.
Most people questioning the signing actually have seen him play and are judging him accordingly, as opposed to the many people blindly backing the signing without ever seeing him play. I know who's opinion I value more of the 2. Dunno where this nonsense that you can only judge a player once they've played for City has come from.

Everyone will back him once he starts playing for us, but can people please stop moaning about others merely having the cheek to question a signing on a fucking forum.

Because anyone who says he isn't a decent striker is a fucking dickhead.

The question, and the only question, is whether he will be a decent striker for City.

Until he plays, we can't answer that. And it's not just about sticking any fucker next to any other, like Mancini did & finding hardly any of them can play together, it's about a blend of players.

I'm hopeful that Pellegrini is signing players to suit the ideas he has for team formations, not just because they are famous & he has money to spend.

tumblr_mcz617rSy01r38j04o1_500.gif

blinkblue said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Surely this will mean Dzeko is off, can't see how Pellagrini can fit Dzeko, Negredo, Aguero, Guidetti, Jovetic, Navas, Nasri, Milner and Silva in only 4 positions.

I'd like to think so. If these two come in we'll have 1 player too many imo.
I hope not, personally think Dzeko is better. Seen Negredo a few times and he feeds of the wingers nicely. As they are similar though it looks like Dzek will/ maybe off

grim up north said:
Big Dave Watson said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Surely this will mean Dzeko is off, can't see how Pellagrini can fit Dzeko, Negredo, Aguero, Guidetti, Jovetic, Navas, Nasri, Milner and Silva in only 4 positions.

The same way a manager fits a squad of 23 into 11 positions all season. Jesus.

It's a long season people cannot see past the first 11 and realise its a squad game.

Of course we can. 7 players (Aguero, Silva, Guidetti, Navas, Jovetic, Dzeko/Negredo and Nasri) plus youngster (Suarez, Lopez, Pozo) and Milner/Yaya if need be for 4 positions is more than enough. It's not at all naive to think that.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:43 pm --<br /><br />
rastus said:
blinkblue said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

I'd like to think so. If these two come in we'll have 1 player too many imo.
I hope not, personally think Dzeko is better. Seen Negredo a few times and he feeds of the wingers nicely. As they are similar though it looks like Dzek will/ maybe off

I don't have a preference for one or the other. But I just don't think there's room for both considering neither will start in our strongest XI.

Sevilla have announced through their official radio station that negotiations with City for Negredo are "very advanced"."

Neville Kneville said:
conormcfc said:
mad zab said:
Of course it is reasonable. However, it is also reasonable to ask people to judge him on how he plays rather than calling him a second rate signing.
Most people questioning the signing actually have seen him play and are judging him accordingly, as opposed to the many people blindly backing the signing without ever seeing him play. I know who's opinion I value more of the 2. Dunno where this nonsense that you can only judge a player once they've played for City has come from.

Everyone will back him once he starts playing for us, but can people please stop moaning about others merely having the cheek to question a signing on a fucking forum.

Because anyone who says he isn't a decent striker is a fucking dickhead.

The question, and the only question, is whether he will be a decent striker for City.

Until he plays, we can't answer that. And it's not just about sticking any fucker next to any other, like Mancini did & finding hardly any of them can play together, it's about a blend of players.

I'm hopeful that Pellegrini is signing players to suit the ideas he has for team formations, not just because they are famous & he has money to spend.

GIF007.gif

Deal in principle for Dzeko to Dortmund next summer probably.

Get Negredo in now, has a year where he isn't forced to be the main striker in the team and have the pressure on him because Dzeko and Aguero are there.
Gives him time to develop, learn English and get used to the prem.

Lewandowski goes to Bayern, Dzeko goes to Dortmund, Negredo is now a focal point in our team and we buy Messi.
images

It's ALWAYS better to have attacking options on the bench.

If you're winning then attacking is the best form of defence, your opponent has to push more and more players forward to try and get back into the game and by doing that they leave themselves vulnerable at the back. If you're drawing or losing then the attacking options can try and get you back into the game or provide a different type of threat than the players who started the game. We gave Real Madrid the perfect opportunity to send every man and his dog forward in that last 5 minutes at the Bernabeu by sitting back and trying to survive, if we had left 3 up front we could have got a third or fourth to kill the game off.

PS... Obviously I don't mean all 7 players on the bench should be strikers before anyone pipes up.

greasedupdeafguy said:

Thats 9 for 4 positions. Pellegrini said he would like to have 2 players for each position, so there is no need to sell. Milner i a versatile player and can play anything form DM to RW/LW.

It is healthy competition for places which keeps players on their toes, which due to poor buys and injuries we didn't have last season.Too many players coasted it knowing there wasn't really a viable option,if all our signings come off,this season there will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.