To be honest mate they aren't city fans

LOL. Why is that?

Do you think he is shit?

No, of course not.

-- Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:48 am --

mad zab said:
gio's side step said:
mad zab said:
Of course it is reasonable. However, it is also reasonable to ask people to judge him on how he plays rather than calling him a second rate signing.

Again the same point made re: Sinclair and Garcia last year

Just because those two signings haven't been an outstanding success, doesn't mean we should be sceptical of all signings were the player isn't what you would consider a top notch signing.

I prefer to wait and see before judging.

Equally it doesnt mean we shouldnt.

cityfan41 said:
Look Negredo and Jovetic come with a good reputation, Sinclair and Garcia
didn't. Totally different standards.

Garcia had a good reputation and was talked up on here wasnt he described as the "beast of benfica or bilbao or whatever!!

argyle said:
cityfan41 said:
Before he's even arrived in Manchester, some City fans already saying
he's shit, not good enough for us nowadays etc. Let's judge him when
he's actually started playing shall we?

I remember last year people were shouting down people who questioned the signings of Sinclair and Garcia.

It's perfectly reasonable for some to question if a player will be good enough for us.

Thats understandable mate, but seen as no one can say for sure, wouldn't it be better to just keep quiet and see. At the moment their coming across as spoilt brats!

Petetheblu said:
argyle said:
cityfan41 said:

I remember last year people were shouting down people who questioned the signings of Sinclair and Garcia.

It's perfectly reasonable for some to question if a player will be good enough for us.

Thats understandable mate, but seen as no one can say for sure, wouldn't it be better to just keep quiet and see. At the moment their coming across as spoilt brats!

LOL. In other words, just leave the forum or shut up. How very democratic. So we should have rules not only how to behave but as to what (a) your opinion should be (b) and then have an independent panel who deliberate whether its too 'spoilt' or not

cityfan41 said:
Look Negredo and Jovetic come with a good reputation, Sinclair and Garcia
didn't. Totally different standards.

I can see how some people might be sceptical of Negredo's 'reputation' but in Jovetic's case this summer alone he's been linked with (to various degrees) City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Juventus, and Real Madrid. Was considered one of the brightest prospects in world football before his injury and since coming back from his injury has a 1 in 2 strike rate. Some reputation that.

Jovetic and Negredo are two very different cases.

Negredo the scepticism is better founded, as for the price we are rumoured to be paying, you could expect a more consistent Centre Forward - however I will say that the available options at the highest level are severely limited this summer, following the Transfers of Falcao and Cavani to France.

People are babbling on about Suarez and Rooney as if they represent realistic options for City - neither will come to this Club. United would never sell Rooney to us, and Suarez is angling for a move outside of the Premier League, using interest from within the League to push Real Madrid into action. Neither have ever been realistic options for City, and to think otherwise is to indulge in the pure fantasy spouted by the Red Tops. Negredo is a good player, but £24 million is a lot for a 'good' 28 year old - however considering the alternatives, he's probably the best that available to us. I remain to be fully convinced though.

Jovetic, however, is an excellent player, with a fantastic reputation already at 23, and huge potential to grow with this team - and is a great back up option for Isco. I fail to see why there is such scepticism surrounding his signing, and would consider it our best piece of business since singing Aguero (alhtough Nastasic runs it close) if we were to get him.

This deal only makes sense if Dzeko's offskis, Balotelli, Tevez, Dzeko and Aguero didn't work, so why will another 4 big name strikers work? it should be one or the other.

Kun Aguero said:
This deal only makes sense if Dzeko's offskis, Balotelli, Tevez, Dzeko and Aguero didn't work, so why will another 4 big name strikers work? it should be one or the other.

Jovetic will play behind the strikers

our three strikers will be Kun, Edin and Negredo...probably with Guidetti as a 4th choice back up...or maybe bringing Jovetic forward if needed.

Kun Aguero said:

Didnt work?we won the bloody title.

FFS.

cityfan41 said:

Find me someone who's said he's shit? Not in the same class as the likes of Rooney, Higuain, Ibra, Suarez, but no, not shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.