‘Upskirting’ law blocked by Christopher Chope MP

Ric

Administrator
Why on earth would he object to this?! Surely he should have to explain his reasoning?

The only reason i can see is due to the possibility of the law being abused. By that i mean people calling every two seconds demanding someone on the tube is nicked because they may have copped a look when they stood up or something. Even then it would be a pretty shaky and weak reasoning.

Or have i got it all wrong and this is just for people getting their phone and going out of their way to be a perv and recording under someones skirt?

Surely this is already covered by Voyeurism in the Sexual Offences Act? If so, not sure there’s any need to waste anymore time on it when the Government and Parliament are spending about 99% of its time on Brexit.

Truly odd for him to do so...
Maybe not for him
Conservative MP Christopher Chope: Voted against minimum wage Voted against equal marriage Blocked legislation today against “upskirting” - taking crude photos of women against their will and without their knowledge His constituency is Christchurch, Dorset. chopec@parliament.uk

He also objected to Alan Turing's pardon and the Hillsborough inquiry. Scum, although luckily for him he's in one of the safest Tory seats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.