“City have got no history”

Outside Wembley
People often get this wrong - it's not outside Wembley because FA Cup finals at the Crystal Palace were higher. The 84,569 is the largest provincial crowd for any game in England (i.e. provincial means outside of London) AND the largest crowd on an English club ground (as neither Wembley nor the Crystal Palace are officially club grounds) AND any game outside of Wembley & the Crystal Palace. The bit in bold is the version I usually use.

What's even more remarkable about this record is that City have actually held it since 1924 not 1934 - the 84,569 was in 1934 but it broke City's own record of 76,166 achieved in 1924 (Maine Road's first season). So since the very first season that City have had a capacity above 45,000 we have held the record crowd on an English ground!

Note that all City's top 25 attendances are greater than the highest ever recorded by Liverpool and many other clubs. It’s worth noting that if we exclude games at Wembley and other clubs’ games at our own Maine Road stadium, City’s fifth highest attendance is still greater than all the other clubs apart from Aston Villa, Chelsea and Everton. That is an incredible record and just one of many stats/boasts that will be in my new book: https://www.conkereditions.co.uk/product/manchester-city-folklore-special-subscriber-offer/

I think we're the ONLY club founded by woman ... and the ONLY club to get relegated with a 'positive' goal difference too!

I the whole 'no istree' is bollocks . The thread just continues the jibe and keeps it simmering. Using our points records as an argument is also bollocks, as they've only been set by ourselves in the last few years. Plenty of good videos detail our club beginnings, early successes, attendance records etc. Most of which happened when our main scouse accusers were just a pub team.
I love the fact that we broke countless records as centurions, a feat that will be difficult to beat as Liverpool have found out. It will become our history when teams over the next few years fail to beat them. Only then will it be recognised by the dickheads out there just what a great team we had and how good Pep was. Course their will still be plenty that will not accept it.

Yeh wish our history started from 1978 onwards like the dippers.......

National records that City now hold (some from 'The Centurions' season, some from others). As you can see, we hold almost every seasonal record worth having in English football. So much for a club with no history.

Most Points - 100

Most Home Points - 55

Most Away Points - 50

Most Wins - 32

Most Home Wins - 18

Most Away Wins - 16

Most Consecutive League Wins - 18

Most Consecutive Home League Wins -20

Most Consecutive Away League Wins - 11

Most Consecutive Wins (all comps) – 20

Most Consecutive Home Wins (all comps) – 20

Biggest Title Winning Margin - 19

Smallest PL Title Winning Margin - 0

Most Goals Scored (all comps) - 156

Most Goals Scored at Home (all comps) – 96

Most Goals Scored Away (all comps) - 66

Most League Goals Scored - 106

Best Goal Difference - 79

Best Away Goal Difference - 32

Why have you crossed out home points? We have that too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.