“City have made the PL uncompetitive”. Myth & reality

Not read the thread but I was talking to my wife this morning about this shit.

Nobody was ever saying that the premier league wasn’t competitive when the rags were winning 2-3 titles on the bounce. As stated in the opening post, the gaps at this stage aren’t out of the ordinary either so it’s just seriously sour grapes and a myth all the plastics can cling onto as a reason to justify how wank they are in comparison to us.

Not read the thread but I was talking to my wife this morning about this shit.

Nobody was ever saying that the premier league wasn’t competitive when the rags were winning 2-3 titles on the bounce. As stated in the opening post, the gaps at this stage aren’t out of the ordinary either so it’s just seriously sour grapes and a myth all the plastics can cling onto as a reason to justify how wank they are in comparison to us.
Liverpool spent more on a goalie than we did .They spent more on a center back than we did .The rags spent more on a midfielder and more on a striker than we did so we not the only ones with deep pockets

Liverpool spent more on a goalie than we did .They spent more on a center back than we did .The rags spent more on a midfielder and more on a striker than we did so we not the only ones with deep pockets

Yeah but City spent £150m on FULLBACKS.

Exactly. You’d think any scouse or Utd fan would be embarrassed at the notion that the leagues become uncompetitive based on how much money they’ve thrown at their squads.

Pep is simply the best manager about by a huge distance and the rags, dippers and all the media clowns that love said teams can’t seem to handle it so they just spout about the league becoming uncompetitive and it being so not fair. Bless them.

What’s irritating though is that get read by the thousands of sheep and starts to become the truth in their heads. My brother in law, nephew and best man at my wedding are all singing from the leagues boring and un-competitive hymn sheet and all blame our wealth. It’s so fucking stupid that I can’t even argue with them, I seem to just nod my head and brush it off but inside I’m thinking that they’re thick as fuck.

When Pep first arrived in 2016: His tiki taka football won't work in English football, anyone can win things with Barca and Bayern, this is the most competitive league in the world...

Two years later: City have made the PL uncompetitive, it's not fair, oil money, human rights, sportswashing, financial doping...

Exactly. You’d think any scouse or Utd fan would be embarrassed at the notion that the leagues become uncompetitive based on how much money they’ve thrown at their squads.

Pep is simply the best manager about by a huge distance and the rags, dippers and all the media clowns that love said teams can’t seem to handle it so they just spout about the league becoming uncompetitive and it being so not fair. Bless them.

What’s irritating though is that get read by the thousands of sheep and starts to become the truth in their heads. My brother in law, nephew and best man at my wedding are all singing from the leagues boring and un-competitive hymn sheet and all blame our wealth. It’s so fucking stupid that I can’t even argue with them, I seem to just nod my head and brush it off but inside I’m thinking that they’re thick as fuck.
Not withstanding, till we won the Premier League only 4 other clubs had won it ,and only 3 of them won it more than once with the rags getting into double figures. The rags won it 3 on the bounce didn't hear the bleeding hearts crying then.

The only reason why most fans say the league is uncompetitive, is that our owners didn't invest in their club. They are all just jealous that their club was not chosen as the club for the investment. Afterall wasn't just last week or so that it came out that our owners were considering investing in Newcastle United, but in the end chose us. So if anyone one set of fans should be jealous it should be the fans of Newcastle, and nobody else.

Even if you argue that City are untouchable, it doesn't explain why the Rags, who have spent nearly as much, are just above mid-table, with several "lesser" clubs above them.

In addition, every club in the Premier League is enjoying unprecedented levels of income. They are all rich by European standards. So why are English clubs not completely smashing the Champions League and UEFA Europa League?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.