“City Matters” fan committee

Genuine question. Did SC's used to get more than 20%?

I know there are more SC's which have reduced the numbers individual clubs get but are you genuinely saying that 20% is a an overall reduction?

Individual SC Branches allocations have been reduced but there are more Branches so it could have been 20 percent for a while. The SC allocation has been less than 20 percent for some high profile / low capacity games eg I’m pretty sure Monaco away was less. When Away sales are very slow the SC is sometimes approached by the Club to shift more tickets eg the Arsenal semi final when the Club were getting slaughterd in the media for “not selling out”.

The SC is full of lifelong Blues and some book their tickets with the SC for convince / they have the points. That said, I can understand people not agreeing with how tickets are allocated

Seems bizarre that a person with no points what so ever could potentially jump on a thomas cook trip and get a ticket where people on say 15000 + points run the risk of missing out because they want to make their own way?? Or am i being daft and reading it incorrectly??
It's the same thing that the supporters clubs have being doing for years with away tickets and getting away with it
It's has only become apparent in the last few weeks how many tickets ( 40% )are being creamed off by certain groups within the club
Our reps should be pushing for all away tickets to be sold through the loyalty system

Individual SC Branches allocations have been reduced but there are more Branches so it could have been 20 percent for a while. The SC allocation has been less than 20 percent for some high profile / low capacity games eg I’m pretty sure Monaco away was less. When Away sales are very slow the SC is sometimes approached by the Club to shift more tickets eg the Arsenal semi final when the Club were getting slaughterd in the media for “not selling out”.

The SC is full of lifelong Blues and some book their tickets with the SC for convince / they have the points. That said, I can understand people not agreeing with how tickets are allocated

Thanks. I truly do appreciate the reply. From my experience there are a significant number of young people who now source their tickets from supporters clubs. I have no issue with this .... people (me included) will source tickets from wherever they can.

My issue is if we are going to ringfence 5% of tickets for young people then all groups should share that burden as all groups currently supply young people. To take that allocation from those with the most points is fundamentally wrong and does nothing more than lead us down the merry path to to ballot.

We all need to look after each other rather than fall for the club's attempts to control distribution of tickets

Thanks. I truly do appreciate the reply. From my experience there are a significant number of young people who now source their tickets from supporters clubs. I have no issue with this .... people (me included) will source tickets from wherever they can.

My issue is if we are going to ringfence 5% of tickets for young people then all groups should share that burden as all groups currently supply young people. To take that allocation from those with the most points is fundamentally wrong and does nothing more than lead us down the merry path to to ballot.

We all need to look after each other rather than fall for the club's attempts to control distribution of tickets

I agree mate.

A lot of the younger fans use the Facebook Face Value pages btw

Agree with this.

But is there anyone on the forum who will represent this opinion to the club? It doesn't seem so.

I'd like to see at least one forum member bring up the point you make at the next meeting re the 60% ratio being considered as a problem by lots of fans and for the burden of sharing tickets to be spread across all current allocated groups.

The minutes read like the club propose something and the forum members agree with the proposal and they move on the next topic etc etc.
People on it should by wary of it just turning into a rubber stamping publicity vehicle for City to push changes to ticketing that suits them.

Genuine question. Did SC's used to get more than 20%?

I know there are more SC's which have reduced the numbers individual clubs get but are you genuinely saying that 20% is a an overall reduction?
We had Kevin Parker at one of our Branch Meetings prior to the 2018/19 season,who fore-warned us that the allocations to the main SC would be cut,hence having an overall knock on effect to all Branches.Certainly we have seen a reduction in the amount of tickets we get for some games, but some of our Members will take tickets for the lesser games and ones with "silly kick off and date times" just to get to an away game.
The info that KP gave us,was that City were giving more tickets to Corporate.Make of that what you will.

We had Kevin Parker at one of our Branch Meetings prior to the 2018/19 season,who fore-warned us that the allocations to the main SC would be cut,hence having an overall knock on effect to all Branches.Certainly we have seen a reduction in the amount of tickets we get for some games, but some of our Members will take tickets for the lesser games and ones with "silly kick off and date times" just to get to an away game.
The info that KP gave us,was that City were giving more tickets to Corporate.Make of that what you will.

We got half our usual allocation for Arsenal and Weet Ham (2 tickets in an SC Branch of 90 members)

I think the way they do all away tickets is fair & always goes down to what points I except! I’m 24 and have 17500 points what has taken me a good 8 years of going home and away every season to get to! Don't see why someone who has only had a season ticket for 3 years and now wants to go away games should get a ticket straight away.

I had a season ticket for 6 years and went most home games before I did away’s so worked my way up! If people with low points want tickets to join all the cup schemes, go platinum and games like Newcastle away that go down to your points make sure you buy these tickets.

In 10 years ticket, you’ll be up there getting an away ticket for most games!

Newcastle away, On open sale as predicted, reduced allocation, surely loyalty points for this fixture should be worth more. Heaven forbid if we ever return to the Stuart Pearce says where we took reduced allocations everywhere, and 900 to places like Villa, ironically it's that 900 who are now enjoying the reward of their loyalty, yet appear to be the ones who's tickets are being targeted, I certainly don't remember random tourists filling our away ends like they do now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.