“City Matters” fan committee

I have never really understood why Supporters Club get extra tickets. I would imagine a lot of their members are die hard in the first place and will qualify via their own points. Are these extra tickets just a queue jumping perk and then it is up to the members as to how they are allocated. If that is the case it does seem very unfair on those who miss out because they have the correct number of points but not a member of a club.

I think the way they do all away tickets is fair & always goes down to what points I except! I’m 24 and have 17500 points what has taken me a good 8 years of going home and away every season to get to! Don't see why someone who has only had a season ticket for 3 years and now wants to go away games should get a ticket straight away.

I had a season ticket for 6 years and went most home games before I did away’s so worked my way up! If people with low points want tickets to join all the cup schemes, go platinum and games like Newcastle away that go down to your points make sure you buy these tickets.

In 10 years ticket, you’ll be up there getting an away ticket for most games!
Dont agree at all with your last line mate wouldnt make any difference now if we went to the next 100 years worth of matches and went triple platinum the top 2000 blues are so far in front now the points system is a complete irrelevance to myself and lad .

Is there going to be a focus on the 32k (29k home fans) we had in the Etihad for the Carabao Cup Semi Final. I know it’s an expensive time of year for everyone and it was the third of a run of 4 home games. I was particularly struck by big gaps in areas where the game was included in people’s season card packages (no extra cost) like in 93:20 and Joe’s.

It had me thinking that the vast majority of Blues don’t go away games, that’s dominated discussion on this thread (albeit City Matters cane up with new ideas) where people like them or not). Are there new ideas to boost crowds for Carabao Cup semi finals, particularly in the context of thousands not turning up whose tickets were already paid for?

I also wonder whether anybody should be allowed an away ticket if they didn’t make the home semi final?

In the main, I’m happy as long as I am at the game and don’t worry much about no shows but empty stands make us less attractive to sponsors and could affect our competitiveness in the future.

I think the way they do all away tickets is fair & always goes down to what points I except! I’m 24 and have 17500 points what has taken me a good 8 years of going home and away every season to get to! Don't see why someone who has only had a season ticket for 3 years and now wants to go away games should get a ticket straight away.

I had a season ticket for 6 years and went most home games before I did away’s so worked my way up! If people with low points want tickets to join all the cup schemes, go platinum and games like Newcastle away that go down to your points make sure you buy these tickets.

In 10 years ticket, you’ll be up there getting an away ticket for most games!

Correct, proof that if you want to get up the chain you can. I had written something similar out but deleted it due to when I first started going away a lot it was in the Pearce era of, as fathelensbellend said on this thread, reduced allocations. I'm 31 and on over 22k ticket points, so the change they're looking at will not really effect me personally as I'm usually on the first day or so of sale.

The people this change is going to knock is those who are currently between 12-18k points. These are people who have put in the graft to get up the ladder. They understand how the system works.

In many ways there has been no change between now and a decade ago when it comes to points and trying to get away tickets. People kick up a fuss because everyone thinks they're the entitled to United and Liverpool away. Those at the top of the pile point out that there's been 4 games already this season which have gone down to any season ticket holder. Those on lower points think it's absurd to suggest they go to a game which isn't at the weekend or easy to get to. People suggest that the more glamorous games sell out due to those on high points selling on their tickets. The cycle continues.

Anyone desperate for a ticket for any game, here's some advice - get in with a supporters branch. The easiest way to get an away ticket at City.

Last edited:
Correct, proof that if you want to get up the chain you can. I had written something similar out but deleted it due to when I first started going away a lot it was in the Pearce era of, as fathelensbellend said on this thread, reduced allocations. I'm 31 and on over 22k ticket points, so the change they're looking at will not really effect me personally as I'm usually on the first day or so of sale.

The people this change is going to knock is those who are currently between 12-18k points. These are people who have put in the graft to get up the ladder. They understand how the system works.

In many ways there has been no change between now and a decade ago when it comes to points and trying to get away tickets. People kick up a fuss because everyone thinks they're the entitled to United and Liverpool away. Those at the top of the pile point out that there's been 4 games already this season which have gone down to any season ticket holder. Those on lower points think it's absurd to suggest they go to a game which isn't at the weekend or easy to get to. People suggest that the more glamorous games sell out due to those on high points selling on there tickets. The cycle continues.

Anyone desperate for a ticket for any game, here's some advice - get in with a supporters branch. The easiest way to get an away ticket at City.

Good postliamctid. Just to add that the Official Supporters Club does not allow new members to be on the ticket booking system until 6 months after registration. That means people register for this season (September) aren’t eligible until March. I am just making this point for people trying to jump on the bandwagon for Wembley tickets.

I know someone will come on and say an SC Branch in such and such a year was giving out Wembley tickets if you bought the Club Secretary 10 pints. I’m just pointing out how the OSC system works.

Good postliamctid. Just to add that the Official Supporters Club does not allow new members to be on the ticket booking system until 6 months after registration. That means people register for this season (September) aren’t eligible until March. I am just making this point for people trying to jump on the bandwagon for Wembley tickets.

I know someone will come on and say an SC Branch in such and such a year was giving out Wembley tickets if you bought the Club Secretary 10 pints. I’m just pointing out how the OSC system works.
But what you're not pointing out is that virtually every ticket that goes to a supporters club is issued to a supporter who does not meet the points criteria .

But what you're not pointing out is that virtually every ticket that goes to a supporters club is issued to a supporter who does not meet the points criteria .

My post was relevant to the topic. Yours is relevant to your agenda. I’m probably bias too but from an SC influence. At least I can admit that.

Btw this is the City Matters Thread and away tickets are a big deal to a minority of fans. I understand why. I think the bigger issue is why we didn’t get more than 32k for Burton this week. I assume you were at the game mate.

Last edited:
My post was relevant to the topic. Yours is relevant to your agenda. I’m probably bias too but from an SC influence. At least I can admit that.

Btw this is the City Matters Thread and away tickets are a big deal to a minority of fans. I understand why. I think the bigger issue is why we didn’t get more than 32k for Burton this week. I assume you were at the game mate.
His point is as valid as the one you've made. And it's absolutely fuckin bollocks if folk think there isn't skull duggery going on in some of the supporter clubs regarding the few away tickets they receive.

As you say your biased, which is fair enough.

His point is as valid as the one you've made. And it's absolutely fuckin bollocks if folk think there isn't skull duggery going on in some of the supporter clubs regarding the few away tickets they receive.

As you say your biased, which is fair enough.

Most of the contributors seem to be including both of us. If somebody says SCs get preferential treatment for away tickets then I agree that happens (albeit allocations have reduced to individual branches). That’s within the rules set down by the Club we support. To give an example, one of our members missed his first home game since 1975 with the flu this week. He goes to one away Prem game a season, Huddersfield and I organise him a ticket. He’s on a very low income. Is it “absolutely fuckin bollox” that he gets a ticket? Yes or no please.

There are certain extra things we have to commit to to get the benefits but some posters on here aren’t interest in that. Each to their own. My point about the minimum of a 6th month block on new members ordering tickets through the OSC is a statement of fact.

In a nutshell, if the benefits of SC were so brilliant everyone on this thread would be a member.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.