“Guardiola’s tactics will never work in the Premier League”

When Pep first arrived:

During his first season:

Fast forward to today:

And if you ever need to know why Pep is the greater manager of the two it's right there in that article.

Like Allardyce and all the othe dinosaur managers and reporters, Ferguson just didn't see what was about to happen when English Football collided with Pep's footballing philosopy, they didn't understand it and couldn't see the power of it even when it was in their faces and just about to happen.

Last year the top two teams in the English top league were Pep's team and his former coach, and the runaway leaders of the2nd tier were coached by a former player of Pep's using his style. Almost every team, including the lower leagues, plays out from the back. Even his old club has just signed a keeper because he is good with his feet. If Pep wins the four in a row then that will be the ultimate proof.

Tbh I had a few doubts myself those first few months, thought he would have to adjust his tactics to suit the prem a bit. But the stubborn genius stuck to his principles

Personally I didn't ever think things would be this good with Pep!! I kinda knew we were building the club up for him few years before he came, and my mates thought I was talking bollocks and that he would never come to city. I didn't think he would transform english football and build a dynasty if u like!!! It'll be a very sad day when he leaves us, in fact, the thought of it fills me with dread! I don't care how much he spends and what others think about us, the guy is a fucking genius!!!

The first article actually says "Pep will be a success".
It's a very salient point in terms if reading the actual article rather than the headline isn't it.
I read the article — perhaps you thought I included it for some other reason than I actually did. ;-)

“But Pep won’t find it easy, English football is not easy.“

“Pep will be a success, but I don’t think he’ll ever replicate what he did at Barcelona because that was a high standard. They were the best.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.