1 Minute of Clapping

kevinmcfc said:
Lets not get carried away. Robson was not a legend at all. An average manager at best. A nice bloke but no legend at all.

I'm not going to dig out his record as a manager as all football fans know what Sir Bobby acheived in the game.

What I will say that is that I fully agree with a minutes applause in this situation as we should celebrate his life, as he was a truly great character with bundles of enthusiasm.

I will also say that I don't know of any other person in the football world who would receive the same amount of respect that Bobby Robson did - even at Norwich and Sunderland, they chanted his name during their minutes applause

IMO, a minute's silence is a much more suitable way of honouring a recently deceased person than a minute's applause

I noticed Sir Ticket Tout didn't bother clapping until he saw he had the sky cameras on him.

blueinsa said:
Just to spice this up a bit, what do you think will happen when Baconface pops his clogs!

I'll admit to despising the bastard, not because of his undoubted magnificent record as a manager, especially with the rags, b ut because he is a twat of a human being!

Quick question, have you ever met him to make that bold statement ? I know a couple of people who have met him, and have told me that he's a nice bloke (away from football), I'd trust their judgement thanks.

As a football manager, his record is virtually second to none, if asked to applaud when he goes I will, because football is what the guy has lived for, and football should (and will) show its respect for that.

Because he's boss of the rags, and for the way he conducts some of his football management I too can't stand the guy, but I think I will be able to manage a minuutes respect for him when he goes.

Anyway, back on topic, I think its a great way to honour footballers who have passed away, more fitting than standing in silence. Well done to everyone who was singing his name at Ewood yesterday it came over very well on 5live.

As for the guy saying Robsons record was "average", well if true then there are and have been some truly awful managers out there.

To be honest i think it should be down to what the person themselves would have prefered. Would Bobby have wanted silence at every football match or would he have preffered an applause? I think an applause shows you are "celebrating the life" of the person we have lost, whereas a silence just shows "grieving the loss".

I dont think a minutes silence is possible at football matches anymore becuase you always get arseholes stumbling in late, pissed as newts, singing/shouting etc and ruining it. Then people start 'ssssh'ing to the people making a noise. Once the silence has been broken by one of these then its ruined. An applause is an 100% certain way of ensuring it is not ruined.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.