1 or 2 Quality strikers needed ?

i would only bring in 1 forward, obviously it depends whether Pelligrini plays 1 up front or 2, but knowing that he brings through youth, and i think he should, i would have Kun, Dzeko, Guidetti and A.N. Other. I would like that other striker to be Martinez from Porto, i think we missed out out when we didnt get Falcao whilst he was there and i think we would be idiots not to look at him now.

Marvin said:
I'm convinced about Dzeko's quality but not convinced we can play to his strength and Aguero's strengths

I think there's a fair chance we will sell Dzeko and bring in another top class forward but if Dzeko stays I think we go with what we have

Chelsea have 2 strikers one who is useless

Utd have 3/4 depending on whether you count Rooney as a striker, and Welbeck is also a player who plays quite deep and scored 1 goal last season

Do we have players in the squad who can score goals from midfield and from out wide?

Yaya Yes
Nasri Yes
Silva Should do better
Fernandinho Yes
Milner Yes
Navas Should do so much better with his attributes
Rodwell Yes! He is like a new signing and is our late arriver in the penalty box

If we are going to win the League next season, Aguero is going to have to have a proper season and get 25 League goals. But he's capable of it

If Ffp is an issue then:
Sell dzecko back to the Germans and use the dosh to get benteke from villa, ,let pellers asses guidetti in per season and if he thinks he can cut it, then job done, if not bring in an up an coming striker who will be happy to challenge for a place like chickpea at utd.

If we have more dosh then:
Get rid of dzeck bring in cavani and benteke.

We would probably make money on the first option and when you factor in the sale of mario and tev (30mil) and say dzecko goes for 16-18, you would be looking at around 20 mil to get in cavani and benteke making us capable of competing with the best in Europe, obviously we have already spent 45mil this window, so I guess we'll have to see how the owners want to play it.

I just don't understand why people are saying bring in Cavani and Benteke or Benteke and Muriel etc.
It is just stupid to have four strikers of that ability in the squad.

Aguero, Dzeko and a "forward". If Dzeko leaves then we need a big hitter like Cavani or Higuain, if they aren't available he won't be sold. Spend the money on someone like Jovetic. I understand people don't rate him but a player of that ilk, can play across the front line, is creative and can score goals.

Signing Benteke would be pointless imo, he has had one good season in the Prem where tbf he tore teams apart but he was an unknown quantity as was Michu.
Besides, he is a young lad that needs to play every week to develop. Exactly what Balotelli needed. No point being sat on the bench and being rotated every so often.

I don't even buy into the excuse, "What if we go far in each competition and get injuries". Well like every other team you adapt, you play a different formation and players to get the best you can. Pellegrini by all accounts does exactly this.

CTID101 said:
I just don't understand why people are saying bring in Cavani and Benteke or Benteke and Muriel etc.

Aguero, Dzeko and a "forward". If Dzeko leaves then we need a big hitter like Cavani or Higuain, if they aren't available he won't be sold. Spend the money on someone like Jovetic. I understand people don't rate him but a player of that ilk, can play across the front line, is creative and can score goals.

Signing Benteke would be pointless imo, he has had one good season in the Prem where tbf he tore teams apart but he was an unknown quantity as was Michu.
Besides, he is a young lad that needs to play every week to develop. Exactly what Balotelli needed. No point being sat on the bench and being rotated every so often.

I don't even buy into the excuse, "What if we go far in each competition and get injuries". Well like every other team you adapt, you play a different formation and players to get the best you can. Pellegrini by all accounts does exactly this.

Personally I would rather have benteke than dzecko, think he would fit better in a quick, slick passing side running onto through balls from silva and nasri etc. he was the outstanding striker in the prem last year (along with van Persie) pace, aggression, first touch, he has all the attributes that big dzeck lacks

CTID101 said:

Annother numpty that rates jovetic. Have you ever watched him for a full 90 mins ?

He is average.

Do u guys feel we made mistake by selling Daniel Andre Sturridge ...He cooild have been a great third striker

neel said:
Do u guys feel we made mistake by selling Daniel Andre Sturridge ...He cooild have been a great third striker
Why did you feel the need to put his middle name in that sentence ? Odd

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.