1 Player you think we WILL actually sign

Stretfordian_Blue said:
We never seem to sign players we are consistently linked with (bar dzeko).

Where was the Nastasic thread a year before we signed him?

Where was the Rodwell thread before the tip off from Joe Royle?

Where was the (fill player name in here) thread?

You get the drift.

Yaya, Silva, Aguero, Tevez all had mega-threads. I think the problem lately has been our failure to capture Plan A and sometimes even Plan B targets, leading to these seemingly out-of-the-blue signings. We had Hazard and De Rossi mega-threads last summer and Sanchez ones the year before (the mods had to separate the Sanchez thread about ten times because it was so big!) and it's pretty clear the club made efforts to sign all of those players, but they wouldn't come so we ended up with others.

Rammy Blue said:
Cavani.

Nailed on.

Wouldn't be so sure, his dad today said there is a 50% chance he'll be going to Real Madrid. The £52million asking price is putting most clubs off, maybe us too.

"If Higuain or Benzema one day leave the odds are higher. If they offer 60M (Euros) he will have to go."

"There has been talks and the odds of him joining are more or less 50%."

LoveCity said:
Rammy Blue said:
Cavani.
Nailed on.
Wouldn't be so sure, his dad today said there is a 50% chance he'll be going to Real Madrid. The £52million asking price is putting most clubs off, maybe us too.
"If Higuain or Benzema one day leave the odds are higher. If they offer 60M (Euros) he will have to go."
"There has been talks and the odds of him joining are more or less 50%."
Your earlier point about the unreliabilty of any correlation with megathreads and actual signings is well made. I think that the forum simply gets bored with particular targets and enthusiasm just ebbs away without constant prompting from the ITKs. As such positive ITKs are utterly essential for the wellbeing of the BM (and Ric rightly regards cold water pourers - such as your excellently informed self - as threats to the the caviar consumption aboard his yacht.)

Stretfordian_Blue said:

You get the drift.
Yes, of course there are surprises: Hargreaves, Savic, Pizarro and Maicon for example. But generally, most reasonably big signings are all predicted 2 or so weeks before at least. Yaya, Boateng, Aguero, Silva, Dzeko, Nasri etc all had large threads on them. And also, some threads will extensively cover players we fail to sign like RVP, De Rossi, Kaka, Hazard and Cerci. But overall, any big signings we make will be covered on this forum as well as everywhere else.

kun said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
You get the drift.
Yes, of course there are surprises: Hargreaves, Savic, Pizarro and Maicon for example. But generally, most reasonably big signings are all predicted 2 or so weeks before at least. Yaya, Boateng, Aguero, Silva, Dzeko, Nasri etc all had large threads on them. And also, some threads will extensively cover players we fail to sign like RVP, De Rossi, Kaka, Hazard and Cerci. But overall, any big signings we make will be covered on this forum as well as everywhere else.
I'm not sure of the point you are making if threads for non-signers are generally the same size as for signers. I'm also not persuaded that a large thread size for nearly signers indicates there was a real possibility or a even a close run thing. Think back to Hughes' efforts to improve John Terry's contract for example.

woahmark said:
Kladze said:
charliebigspuds said:
Danielle de rossi is nailed on, I've heard we've put a £35m bid in
£35m for a 30 year old defensive midfielder?
Not only that, he'd command pretty high wages. Pass.

Don't get me wrong, quality player but I think Txiki and Soriano can find cheaper and younger alternatives. I know I go on about him but Benat could work.

any of you ever heard of a player called Clarke?

Looks like Lovecity's pick Geoffrey Kondogbia is gathering momentum

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.laligablog.com/2013/03/29/one-to-watch-geoffrey-kondogbia/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.laligablog.com/2013/03/29/on ... kondogbia/</a>?

mine is Sam Byram from Leeds about whom the silence is deafening (which I take as a good sign)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.