10,000 empty seats

The game 161 said:
So how close to a sellout was it?
A thousand short.

Few hundred empty seats in away end and in the corporate areas. And a few hundred at top of Colin Bell stand.

I went with my missus, but we didn't have seats together (long story). I expected that we would easily find a couple of seats somewhere in the ground, but we couldn't find two empties together anywhere!

LoveCity said:
It was a sell out.

There were empty seats here and there but there have been at other "sell outs" people no-showing or just too few seats unclaimed to not call it a sell out.

There were a few "mini blocks" of empty seats at the top of the CB stand which didnt look to be individual no shows. So 1,000 short is probably right.

Still a few thousand on the number of City fans attending, compared to the Wigan game. Even if those extra fans wouldnt all have been able to get a ticket it still means that the demand for the game was reduced. I did think that being the first CL game it would sell out. I doubt that we'll get quite as many for the Villareal game.

I do think that City need to look at improving the ticketing operation as the amount of bad press its getting from City fans could lead to more people deciding its not worth the hassle of getting a ticket for cup games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.