10,000 empty seats

On my row there were a couple of tickets that seem to have been sold twice, or at least allocated twice. One of the posters on here had to have his little lad on his knee for most of the match.

Nice to meet you East2 and I hope the little one didn't fall asleep before you got to your car!!

44,026? Decent turn out if you ask me. Huge improvement on cup games of recent years. Especially when compared with poor 33k at Chelsea last night & the rags CL debut which attracted 33k.

Great football matches and atmosphere, I can see many returning for the Villarreal & definitely the Bayern match.

Onwards and upwards from here.

ste.sully said:
44,026? Decent turn out if you ask me. Huge improvement on cup games of recent years. Especially when compared with poor 33k at Chelsea last night & the rags CL debut which attracted 33k.

Great football matches and atmosphere, I can see many returning for the Villarreal & definitely the Bayern match.

Sky in their headlines said it was a sell out so wtf?

BlueiNZ said:
ste.sully said:

The first two or three rows around the whole stadium were covered up with netting, there's a few thousand off. Napoli didn't quite sell all 2800 tickets, there were a few hundred empty. And UEFA make more space available for press/media/commentators etc and deligates from their organisation.

This all depleats from our 47000 capacity. So basically apart from the odd seats, almsot all tickets sold out that were available to City fans.

It was a sell out.

There were empty seats here and there but there have been at other "sell outs" people no-showing or just too few seats unclaimed to not call it a sell out.

Eccles Blue said:
On my row there were a couple of tickets that seem to have been sold twice, or at least allocated twice. One of the posters on here had to have his little lad on his knee for most of the match.

Nice to meet you East2 and I hope the little one didn't fall asleep before you got to your car!!

Nice to meet you too Eccles! see you in Valencia for the Villarreal game.
I quite enjoy watching the European games in CB lower,what was dissapointing was the fact, seats on our row were double sold, whilst my usual seat in East 206 which was I was kicked out of by UEFA, remained empty for the game.

The lad slept all the way home!

BlueiNZ said:
ste.sully said:

The capacity is down to about 45,500 with advertising hoardings etc. A few 100 Napoli tickets weren't allocated.

I imagine Sky got told by City to report it a sell out after their reporter on Sky Sports News got inside access to the stadium before the match. But yeah, it was near enough a sell out & I can see people returning for CL because the quality of football was good & so was the atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.