10 Games In, your Thoughts?

Marvin said:
chris85mcfc said:
Marvin said:
That was true then, but I don't see why the same thing can't happen again.

Why is this different?

Cause we've been playing shite all season, apart from the odd patch here and there in certain games

Last season we were unplayable at times and it was jaw-dropping to watch, this season its been jaw-dropping for the wrong reasons
I don't think we have. And there were some really poor performances last season, especially at the start.

I was more annoyed at the carelessness in Europe, and the League Cup. But in the League you only have to look at the playing squad and you should know that we are too good for this spell of bad form to continue

We've had runs like this before, and I came good. 2011/12 from about Christmas onwards Bluemoon was in meltdown as Utd closed and then broke away.

I admire your optimism, but if you can point me to a couple of games where we have shown glimpses of last seasons form then ill try and understand your thoughts?

We were good away at Villa for the most part, we were good in spells against Spurs but could have easily conceded 2 or 3 more and it was Sergio's individual brilliance that won us that game, apart from those 2 games i haven't seen us anywhere near last season, and were almost a third of the way through the season

I understand international breaks aren't ideal and we lose most of our squad, but if things don't pick up towards Xmas I can't see the manager keeping his job for much longer as something must be wrong in the dressing room for our problems to last that long

chris85mcfc said:
I admire your optimism, but if you can point me to a couple of games where we have shown glimpses of last seasons form then ill try and understand your thoughts?

90 minutes against Chelsea, 70 minutes against Man United, 45 minutes in Moscow, and 90 minutes against Arsenal.

Things aren't good at present but lets not rewrite history to suit a "we're fucked" narrative.

Very unconvincing at the start of the season until the last 6 games when we have been shocking.

Won 1
Drawn 2
Lost 3
Goals for=8 against =9

Out of the competition we won last year, almost out of Europe and 8 points behind Chelsea.

My thoughts - if we don't improve rapidly we might miss out on the top four.

Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:

90 minutes against Chelsea, 70 minutes against Man United, 45 minutes in Moscow, and 90 minutes against Arsenal.

Things aren't good at present but lets not rewrite history to suit a "we're fucked" narrative.

And let's not kid ourselves either. Rescued by Frank Lampard against bloody Chelsea, bossed by a 10-man United side for at least 20 minutes and honestly I don't remember much of merit in the Arsenal game.

Chippy_boy said:
Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:

And let's not kid ourselves either. Rescued by Frank Lampard against bloody Chelsea, bossed by a 10-man United side for at least 20 minutes and honestly I don't remember much of merit in the Arsenal game.

You're kidding yourself on clearly with that abortion of an assessment.

Mister Appointment said:
Chippy_boy said:
Mister Appointment said:

No need to get arsey pal. Not the first time from you I seem to recall. Were we not rescued by Frank Lampard against Chelsea? Or bossed by the rags? So much for my "abortion" of an assessment.

Chippy_boy said:
Mister Appointment said:
Chippy_boy said:

No need to get arsey pal. Not the first time from you I seem to recall. Were we not rescued by Frank Lampard against Chelsea? Or bossed by the rags? So much for my "abortion" of an assessment.

Arsey? No mate, just my opinion. Abortion of an assessment. Incredibly poor. Still I absolute support your right to post it! :)

7-5-5 in all games says it all.

Below what we should be by some way.

Should be at least on 25 points in the league , still in the League Cup and ahead of both CSKA and Roma in the Chumps League.

Lack of effort , hopeless defending at times and for long periods , the first 30 minutes against QPR was hopefully the straw that breaks us into seriously looking how we set up for games defensively and getting some clean sheets which is what wins games of football in the main.

MP and the players need to step up a few gears and quickly before the season becomes one of misguided hope rather than asserting our prowess.

Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:

Not a patch on the performances we were producing last season

And the fact that you have chosen 4 games of which 3 of them ended in draws just about says it all

I'd probably sat spells in the Villa game were about as good as it has been

mancity1 said:
7-5-5 in all games says it all.

Below what we should be by some way.

Should be at least on 25 points in the league , still in the League Cup and ahead of both CSKA and Roma in the Chumps League.

Lack of effort , hopeless defending at times and for long periods , the first 30 minutes against QPR was hopefully the straw that breaks us into seriously looking how we set up for games defensively and getting some clean sheets which is what wins games of football in the main.

Quite right mate. 4 clean sheets in 18 this season and one of them was against Sheffield Wednesday. Funnily enough though, Chelsea have only 5 in 17. It surprised me, that. I thought their defence had been much better than that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.