10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The silliness is over, thankfully. Of the players in the squad, he played well today. I look forward to even more from him.

Was good today, and has had had good start to.his City career. But I think there's a lot more to come from him.

Fitted seamlessly into our juggernaut - does everything very nicely - good news is Jack is one of those players that sooner or later will have a game where he will be unplayable and be the difference in a tight match. Seems to have struck up a nice friendship with Ferran too which is important.

Looks a way off yet for me. And before somebody jumps on me and turns it into me saying he is or was shit or that it's only his 3rd game etc that's exactly my point.

He doesn't have the fluidity with the team yet. Compare the patterns down the left to the patterns on the right and as expected, one was much more fluid. Makes the wrong movements a fair bit so that two players are often moving into the same space and Isn't releasing the ball quick enough when very good runs are being made. Just to reiterate, it's a comment on the one early performance which was on the whole solid enough, it's not a scathing criticism of his entire 6 year career here. I fully expect all that to come once he's settled.

He looks excellent to me. Just needs time to settle.

he takes 2/3 opposition players out of the game every time he gets the ball.

superb signing

He was fairly quiet but did everything well. That’s fine; he doesn’t need to do it all himself at City.

Looks a natural fit for us and there will be a few Blues eulogising about him once he’s got a dozen or so matches under his belt.

Decent performance, linked well with Cancelo in the first half. Still settling into this team, a lot more to come.

Looks better when he quickens up what he’s doing - whether that’s his passing or running at a man. Loads more to come I reckon. A goal and an assist in 3 games is a great start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.