10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else here get the sense that he just doesn't seem serious about playing here,

I get this feeling of ambivalence from him when he is on the pitch, and that he is more than content with getting his money, and enjoying the marketing he is getting from playing here.

Just to be clear I hope he comes good, but I feel like he is more interested in the lifestyle and money rather than actually playing.

If he not playing seriously, Pep will know it and benching him.

Does anyone else here get the sense that he just doesn't seem serious about playing here,

I get this feeling of ambivalence from him when he is on the pitch, and that he is more than content with getting his money, and enjoying the marketing he is getting from playing here.

Just to be clear I hope he comes good, but I feel like he is more interested in the lifestyle and money rather than actually playing.

I don't think you understand the application and focus it takes to play for Pep.

If he wasn't serious he wouldn't be playing..

If anything he is carrying out instructions to the letter to the detriment of his flair game but I believe that will gradually change as he gets more comfortable playing in Pep's system. Right now he is focussed on not fucking up the system.

Well it’s certainly a new take so fair play for finding something different to criticise him for.

The answer is no by the way.

Last edited:
I’m not worried about Jack in the slightest and no serious blue should be either (unless you’re just here to destress and unleash some pent up frustration which is fair tbh).

The only real metric to focus on is minutes played and he’s getting his lessons in at the rate that we should have expected. We’re in for every trophy because we have no drop off at any position in every match. Peps the best because he knows how to maximize each player. If he was a problem then he wouldn’t be playing at all. We didn’t sign him to crush xG + G+A from day one. We don’t play hero ball, that’s why we’re so consistent. We would be in bad shape if we were relying on him anyway.

Let’s see what happens year two and three. It’s all going to plan. Trust the process, it works.

I’m not worried about Jack in the slightest and no serious blue should be either (unless you’re just here to destress and unleash some pent up frustration which is fair tbh).

The only real metric to focus on is minutes played and he’s getting his lessons in at the rate that we should have expected. We’re in for every trophy because we have no drop off at any position in every match. Peps the best because he knows how to maximize each player. If he was a problem then he wouldn’t be playing at all. We didn’t sign him to crush xG + G+A from day one. We don’t play hero ball, that’s why we’re so consistent. We would be in bad shape if we were relying on him anyway.

Let’s see what happens year two and three. It’s all going to plan. Trust the process, it works.
I love the thought that someone would come here to destress, I leave to destress.

wanna show me where this 'fact' comes from? Or explain what a 'key pass' is?

Did you link this site so someone can look it up for you? Well here you go:

A key pass is a pass that leads to an assisted shot. I believe it only includes passes that don't lead to goals, those that do are obviously called assists.

It was invented to give credit to creators who might end a game with 0 assists at the end of the game, but were actually very good at creating chances, but their team sucked at converting.

Kevin leads this stat for us every year by the way.

1642830738484.png

KdB with 3.5 Key Passes p90
Then Mahrez at about 3
Grealish at about 2.7
Bernie is around 1.5

This stat also lines up pretty well with xA and pretty much tells us what we know, KdB, Mahrez and Foden are usually our best creators with Grealish now joining that mix.

It's weird to compare these 2 players as creating chances through passing isn't really Bernie's game anyways, he creates from his movement mostly.

Last edited:
Grealish drives at opponents and looks dangerous. He rarely gives the ball away on the dribble - and draws all sorts of fouls.

But, for whatever reason - the final product is lacking. Either a telling pass or a shot on goal.

I really liked Grealish when we signed him - but I'm beginning to change my mind. On the wing I prefer Sterling (that's where Grealish seems mostly to start).

As a false 9, he's not comfortable at all.

There's a huge amount of talent in Grealish - so far, we're not exploiting Grealish to anywhere near his full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.