10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grealish is at his best when we counter attack with those driving runs at the opponent and in the first half yesterday he played well. Second half, unfortunately he faded and I still think it will be next season before we see the best of him.

Good on him for confronting the player in the tunnel.

It was a terrible tackle and the player stood over Grealish and obviously said something.

In terms of his performances, he's not doing anything bad. His main attributes are less as Pep wants players passing all the time rather than running and taking players on.

Plus on that side he also has Foden and Cancelo.

Just like Cancelo, Rodri etc, we'll most likely see him at his best next season.

I'm not fussed that he wanted words with Romeu. I like that he's bothered, that he's got a bit of fire in him...it's not like he's got a history of silly red cards as a result of his temper so he's obviously in control of himself and knows how much fire is OK to show.

Romeu was stood over him shouting who knows what after that foul. It might have taken enormous restraint to save the confrontation to later and off the pitch. Without knowing what was said it's hard to judge.

Oh give over.

I'm no Grealish fanboy but what's the problem with him wanting a word with that dirty **** after full time?

Do you think he should have snapped him on the pitch and risked a red or do you reckon he should only have confronted him if we won?

It's a bit of confrontation after the game, not an excuse for you to play Mindhunter.
Replying to
@City_Xtra
and
@SkySportsPL
This fake Lincoln Burrows look alike said Jack dived
Confused face
really surprised VAR didn’t check this either, above the ankle studs up - Totally reckless and mistimed !!
11:44 PM · Jan 22, 2022·Twitter for iPhone
Romeu is a w@nker, clear foul on Grealish

Don’t get the mischief myself, last 2 games very good, i think he is finding solutions to being a marked man/doubled up on and is adapting his game, he is not holding the ball as long and is starting to release before he runs into too much traffic he is drawing a lot of fouls still but now 10 yards further up the pitch.

most one-footed player in the team and it's starting to get unacceptable. has to start training his left foot because he keeps missing chances to put a cross in from the left side.

I’m all for giving him time, but if he keeps failing to influence games in anyway, then it’s going to start to grate on
other players. He’s not made one telling contribution to the team yet.
He doesn’t look like making one telling contribution to the team.

Granted he needs time to adapt, but the argument that you can’t criticise him because it took Rodri, Gundogan etc time to adapt doesn’t wash, yes they needed time to adapt, but they were showing signs and contributing. Look at Ferran Torres’s first season, much younger, new to the league and generally played out of position, struggled but was also influencing games.

We keep hearing excuses for him that we would rip the rags for. He needs a striker, well, he’s not got one, so adapt, De Bruyne has.
He needs to play centrally, he’s never done that in his career. Why would he start now at 26?
He needs a overlapping fullback. Well, he’s not got one and the left back we have is better at every aspect of the game than Grealish.

I’m happy to give him time, but my main concern is, he is currently showing next to no signs of adapting and seems technically and mentally a level below the rest and is seeing the game a level below too.

I hope i’m wrong, and hopefully one game changing contribution may be all he needs.
very good post

Thought he did some good stuff second half. Saw him pointing to De bruyne telling him where to go at one point, one of a few little signs yesterday that he's starting to settle for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.