10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don’t think he was that bad yesterday. He was asking for the ball and driving forward in the first half but my fear is that he might never do enough in the final third of the pitch which majority of us want to see.

Not really if you can remember the way Alison shoehorned him into a great side at the time.
Very similar type of player.
Let’s hope not the same result.
I’m well aware of the narrative, but Marsh was signed in the March when the season was (I guess) about 2/3 complete and unsettled what was perceived to be a balanced starting XI when squad sizes were much smaller (and therefore a single player had much greater capacity to unbalance the equilibrium in the squad).

I’m not sure I completely buy into Marsh costing us the league anyway; it was hardly a Devon Locke style collapse, but even if that was correct, the signing of Grealish is not analogous to that, especially given the regularity with which Grealish has played in a team that is far better placed in the league than the one Marsh joined in 1972.

I think that was the best performance from him.
I think Chelsea away was his best performance for us, he played really well that day and was a threat all game.

We have seen flashes from him since but he hasn't been a consistent threat for 90 mins.
Yesterday was the same, i thought he was great in the 1st half and made some good runs and looked a threat but he seemed to vanish in the 2nd half.

Thought he was good in the first half. The nice turns, running at their defence, good link up play. Was dropping deeper in second half as they started to mark him properly…this did allow the midfielders to make runs behind him.

I still feel like he’s a beat slower than everyone else in terms of decision making. It’ll get there for him hopefully.

Thought he was good in the first half. The nice turns, running at their defence, good link up play. Was dropping deeper in second half as they started to mark him properly…this did allow the midfielders to make runs behind him.

I still feel like he’s a beat slower than everyone else in terms of decision making. It’ll get there for him hopefully.
His decision making is slower because he doesn't see things quick enough. You either have that quick football brain or you don't. It's not something that you coach in to a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.