10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Run in the box with the ball constantly is what he should have been doing in the second half , wasting the chance for the defenders to have to make a decision , just cant see what he offers getting there and passing it back , very frustrating player and everyone else is moved to squeeze him in

Run in the box with the ball constantly is what he should have been doing in the second half , wasting the chance for the defenders to have to make a decision , just cant see what he offers getting there and passing it back , very frustrating player and everyone else is moved to squeeze him in
Needs a proper striker up front to play to/off. Without one, he's a bit of a luxury and will in most situations end up passing the ball backwards.
Couple of good crosses last night begging for someone to try to bundle the ball in from positions that Raheem usually takes up.
It's not rocket science.

Needs a proper striker up front to play to/off. Without one, he's a bit of a luxury and will in most situations end up passing the ball backwards.
Couple of good crosses last night begging for someone to try to bundle the ball in from positions that Raheem usually takes up.
It's not rocket science.
I think phil should have been hooked for raz for that reason , he gets in the right positions for tap in , surprised pep didnt give that half hour as we were getting nowhere

Let's talk about the positives here:

1) Has become more aggressive in defense. Tackles more, runs more, tracks back more and etc. Huge improvement compared to the first part of the season.

2) Each time he gets the ball near opponent's box - you always expect something incredible to happen. That pass to KDB when he hit the bar and Jack's movement in small space / between the lines before that pass - reminded me of David Silva.

3) Never looses the ball and never risks too much - more of a team player. For example Cancelo risks a lot and tries to impact the game more, Jack is calmer and tries to support guys.

Definitely he is improving and getting better day-by-day. I'm sure he will be one of our KEY players soon, just give him some time to settle more and grow a reputation among teammates, rest will come, talent and end-product is there..

We need to be smarter and faster in such circumstance. Our defence needs to drop ten yards and lengthen the pitch rather than take the ball deeper into the opponent‘s half and condense it further. We also need to take greater risks and play more vertical passes than rely on horizontal passes. I’m sure we’ll get more practice in the coming weeks, alas.

Yep but it ain’t pep’s way he won’t change and it works 98% of the time.

my problem isnt that he "does things safely" its that he's fucking shit when he tries to take risks. gets dispossessed with almost shocking ease.
You’re talking absolute shit mate, gets dispossessed with ease ??? He rarely gives the ball away and his ball retention is actually one of his strongest assets.

ALSO was one of our best creators last night with his risk taking.

You’re talking absolute shit mate, gets dispossessed with ease ??? He rarely gives the ball away and his ball retention is actually one of his strongest assets.

ALSO was one of our best creators last night with his risk taking.
one of us has got to get their eyes checked mate i dont know anymore lol

To me, he seems to play a little within himself, he has already admitted that "Pep sometimes scares me". Losing the ball is the biggest crime in Pep's eyes and perhaps Jack is only too aware of a lashing.
He has the talent but is still a neophyte to City's way of playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.