10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not jibberish at all. Talking about last nights game he created chances where we should have scored.

its not all about assists/ goals either. Sounds like no matter how well he plays you’ll never rate him.

I won’t change my opinion on the odd game. He was very good in the derby.

I’m hoping to be wrong, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest he’ll improve us. In fact, if we recruit as expected this summer, I don’t even see where he’d get a game.

‘Gibberish’ is a bit harsh granted, but the odd miss is to be expected. Everyone of that front 5 have won us a game this season, you can add Gundogan, Jesus & Sterling to that list too. Grealish just simply hasn’t looked like doing that. Hopefully his time will come.

You don’t sign a player like Jack Grealish for the amount of goals he will score. He has never been a prolific goalscorer.

You sign him for his creativity. He’s created loads of chances this season, sadly for him and us, the large majority have not been taken.

I'd love for him to get more freedom inside the final 3rd. I've seen him carve up much better teams than Palace on his own for Aston Villa.

He's such an unbelievable talent.

I hope Pep starts rotating the front 3 during games like he did when we went on that great run last year. He needs to be all over the ball in final 3rd.

You don’t sign a player like Jack Grealish for the amount of goals he will score. He has never been a prolific goalscorer.

You sign him for his creativity. He’s created loads of chances this season, sadly for him and us, the large majority have not been taken.

18 assists in 115 prem apps. Or 1 assist every 6.3 games.

2 assists this season for a team with 68 goals.

£100,000,000.

18 assists in 115 prem apps. Or 1 assist every 6.3 games.

2 assists this season for a team with 68 goals.

£100,000,000.
We cant score,our chance to conversion rate is comical.Our possession game is wonderful though.....

Grealish has been excellent in the build up in his last couple of games,but that counts for fuck all if the move collapses at the final hurdle.

To paraphrase our friend above, I would write something like this :D

You don’t sign a player like Jack Grealish for the amount of goals he will score or an assists he will make. He has never been a prolific goalscorer or assister. You sign him for his creativity. He’s created loads of key passes / pre-assists this season, sadly for him and us, the large majority have not been used as supposed

I will save judgement until next season. Plenty come in and struggle and he's actually been pretty good in games. It's a major step up in level for him. Given time and confidence and if others learn how to play with him then the team will be boosted in my opinion.

Out of interest as I can’t be arsed scrolling back but all the posters (and they’re the same names every week) who can’t wait to jump on him and call him a failure, did you post last week after the derby to give him credit for an excellent performance?
You know, as a bit of balance.

Long-time lurker on here but this thread has eventually tipped me over the edge.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but the number of opinions that seem pre-formed or based solely on the result of the game with our players by our own fans is scary (in particular Grealish). Jack and Kev were easily our most dangerous players last night and both watching the game (without bias) and the stats back that up. Both also showed a want to try and take the game by the scruff of the neck, Jack in particular made multiple tackles near the end to keep our pressure on. If we converted one of the many clear cut chances we had last night I think the comments on here would have been very different, whether that be through more praise or silence from his "haters". Even more so if one of the clear cut chances he created was converted.

I think too many people expect the world from him due to the admittedly large price we paid. However, people expecting the new Messi or the next ballon d'or are always going to be disappointed. He has never been a player that will smash assists or goals records and that's okay. I think too many fans hold stock in goals and assists. Now I do get this, and I also think Grealish needs to offer more in this department to an extent but as others have said it’s difficult to judge this season in particular as our chance conversion has seemed to be poor. I also think stats don't always tell you how good a player is or how successful/important they are. I saw a poster earlier refer to his assists return for his premier league career of roughly an assist every 6 games. This is the same as Bernardo, are we going to say he has had a poor season or career at city? Would we not spend £100 million on another Bernardo Silva now? I get he isn't at Bernardo's level, but I do think Bernardo offers a great comparison for what Grealish could become for us. Both had slower starts to their career (as how many players have?) and took time to adjust to pep but showed glimpses of being extremely talented (both also on the wing). I think too many fans want a team of 50+ goals contributions a season players but you're never going to have that.

If you are someone who still doesn't "get it" with Grealish. Ask yourself why he has as many starts as Phil and Kev this year and in important games too. Not many other new signings for pep have managed that. Peps is hardly someone to play a player because he's scared to bench a 100 million pound man is he? He must be doing something right. Yes, He has room for improvement, and he hasn't justified the price tag yet, but he also has the best manager in the world to get him to that next level. So have faith, he's already an important cog in our well-oiled machine and he's only going to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.