10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I agree with everything you’ve said, but I’d be surprised if many City fans pick him in the best xi. If we are in the CL final, I’m not sure many would pick him.
If we are in the CL final, I would actually pick him but I'll play him in a deeper role. He works hard in the middle and he made some defensive contributions in the game at Anfield and also against the rags. It's just that for me what he brings to the team.... well let's just say any player from Brighton, Southampton, Leicester or Watford can also bring to the team and would probably cost 80m less.

Don't just discount what I've said because you don't like the content. I didn't enjoy reading it back myself, but sadly it is 100% true. In short Grealish is the biggest misfit I've seen City ever buy. He came with promise and has delivered LESS than nothing in that his very presence has been detrimental to the team output.

I am interested to hear your considered views on him however, so feel free to tell me your honest opinion of him. Tell me what he's good at, what he brings to the team that we never before his arrival and rate his value for money? Finally tell me do you think City would go anywhere near him if he came up for sale now?
OK I will take a stab at this, but I am going to keep this short as I don't want to go into a detail explanation for which I need pictures and video to explain.

let us first discuss why Jack was bought, it was made clear from our tier 1 that our board wanted someone to fill the role of bernardo when he was threatening to leave and that txiki was in love with Jack because of his ability to keep and move with the ball. and in the first press conference when pep was asked what he liked most about Jack? what he said was that he liked his ability to slow down play and bring others into play.

next let us discuss what Jack was doing at villa he would usually take the position of a wide player when he is in the middle of the pitch away from the box and then the more he moves with the ball and carries the ball he will move to the center of the pitch when he is near the box and then lay of the ball or make a through pass on the run. In contrast when he plays for us he is put in a complete opposite position when he is staying high and wide like a traditional winger which was never his game so makes no sense.

what are his strengths? It was universally acknowledged his best attributes was carrying the ball into the box, making space for others and bringing them into the game and also being press resistant when the opponents tries to get the ball from him. ask yourself where this characteristics are used? it surely is in the center of the midfield.

what are his weakness? beating a man for pace or trickery and putting in accurate crosses for 5'7 players or having a leather striker instincts are not his game. for a forward player these skills are essentially and why the fuck is Jack playing there?

take last night as an example why the fuck not put Jack in LCM and move gundo to false 9 and foden to LW this will make better use of each other's skills. as someone else said the only reason I can think of is that pep does not trust his positioning and defensive movement and hence he is shoehorning him into the LW until he can learn. In short people need to stop asking him to play like sterling or mahrez when he is nothing like them and pep needs to stop putting him the forward line and making our attack weak. either put him in his correct position or leave him on the bench.

OK I will take a stab at this, but I am going to keep this short as I don't want to go into a detail explanation for which I need pictures and video to explain.

let us first discuss why Jack was bought, it was made clear from our tier 1 that our board wanted someone to fill the role of bernardo when he was threatening to leave and that txiki was in love with Jack because of his ability to keep and move with the ball. and in the first press conference when pep was asked what he liked most about Jack? what he said was that he liked his ability to slow down play and bring others into play.

next let us discuss what Jack was doing at villa he would usually take the position of a wide player when he is in the middle of the pitch away from the box and then the more he moves with the ball and carries the ball he will move to the center of the pitch when he is near the box and then lay of the ball or make a through pass on the run. In contrast when he plays for us he is put in a complete opposite position when he is staying high and wide like a traditional winger which was never his game so makes no sense.

what are his strengths? It was universally acknowledged his best attributes was carrying the ball into the box, making space for others and bringing them into the game and also being press resistant when the opponents tries to get the ball from him. ask yourself where this characteristics are used? it surely is in the center of the midfield.

what are his weakness? beating a man for pace or trickery and putting in accurate crosses for 5'7 players or having a leather striker instincts are not his game. for a forward player these skills are essentially and why the fuck is Jack playing there?

take last night as an example why the fuck not put Jack in LCM and move gundo to false 9 and foden to LW this will make better use of each other's skills. as someone else said the only reason I can think of is that pep does not trust his positioning and defensive movement and hence he is shoehorning him into the LW until he can learn. In short people need to stop asking him to play like sterling or mahrez when he is nothing like them and pep needs to stop putting him the forward line and making our attack weak. either put him in his correct position or leave him on the bench.
You've been banging on about him being played out of position since day 1. If he was a CM he would be playing there.

Hes worse than any of our midfielders and he's worse than any of our attacking options.

With haaland and Alvarez coming in the summer I struggle to see how he gets in the team next season.

Or do what he did with Bernardo, and is doing with Grealish, play him wide until he’s ready to play in midfield. Because he won’t be ready if he doesn’t play. If he made our attack weak you may have a point, however I and more to the point Pep obviously doesn’t think he makes us weaker, otherwise he wouldn’t be playing him in the crunch part of the season.

I agree that I want more from Grealish but that's a rewriting of history.

Mahrez is called FFS on here because of his first season.

I forgot about Gundogan having an injury so yeah it was unfair to include him.

Bernardo spent most of his first year on the bench.

I think Grealish will improve next season, especially as he'll have a striker to aim for.
Not ffs first season , much more recent than that and it is now a term of ironic endearment as he is brilliant

Don't just discount what I've said because you don't like the content. I didn't enjoy reading it back myself, but sadly it is 100% true. In short Grealish is the biggest misfit I've seen City ever buy. He came with promise and has delivered LESS than nothing in that his very presence has been detrimental to the team output.

I am interested to hear your considered views on him however, so feel free to tell me your honest opinion of him. Tell me what he's good at, what he brings to the team that we never before his arrival and rate his value for money? Finally tell me do you think City would go anywhere near him if he came up for sale now?

You are just like that guy who's criticizing Cancelo, Mahrez, Rodri and Bernardo when they first playing for our team in their first season but look at them right now.

Like any other, next season your post will look silly like the other post about the player i have mentioned earlier.

Or do what he did with Bernardo, and is doing with Grealish, play him wide until he’s ready to play in midfield. Because he won’t be ready if he doesn’t play. If he made our attack weak you may have a point, however I and more to the point Pep obviously doesn’t think he makes us weaker, otherwise he wouldn’t be playing him in the crunch part of the season.
exactly .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.