10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally haven’t seen anything that makes him a 100m player yet. We all knew he was gifted technically but he still carries 0 goal threat and that is poor as a winger. He never tries to find space to get his shot off which is poor, always looking to lay the ball off to someone else.

Personally haven’t seen anything that makes him a 100m player yet. We all knew he was gifted technically but he still carries 0 goal threat and that is poor as a winger. He never tries to find space to get his shot off which is poor, always looking to lay the ball off to someone else.
He's not a 100M player, but he can become one.

I wasn't terribly keen on the signing for many of the reasons stated in pages previous but I've personally loved what I've seen from Grealish so far. I agree with you in that he needs to find ways to not telegraph his shot as much but otherwise I think his decision making in the box is really top drawer.

I think he lacks a bit of acceleration to ever become a high goal scoring player, he reminds me of Silva in many aspects though and that’s a good thing.

He’s got a great footballing brain paired with world class close control, the assist he made with the outside of his foot against Arsenal was top notch.

He’s going to need intelligent runners in front of him and the better Ferran is, the better Jack’s going to look, but I don’t see him ever scoring more than David’s numbers.

He’s definitely not a winger to me though, more like a left sided attacking midfielder, like Silva.

I’d love for us to play Kev mirrored on the other side as a right sided attacking midfielder with Phil and Bernardo in the middle and Torres up top, and the full backs providing the width, but I think Phil has a lot to learn to play that role and I’m not too sure if that would cope with counter attacking teams, I’d play that against weaker opposition at home though for Phil to get that experience but we’ll see what Pep does, he gets paid the big bucks.

Last edited:
I think he lacks a bit of acceleration to ever become a high goal scoring player, he reminds me of Silva in many aspects though and that’s a good thing.

He’s got a great footballing brain paired with world class close control, the assist he made with the outside of his foot against Arsenal was top notch.

He’s going to need intelligent runners in front of him and the better Ferran is, the better Jack’s going to look, but I don’t see him ever scoring more than David’s numbers.

He’s definitely not a winger to me though, more like a left sided attacking midfielder, like Silva.

I’d love for us to play Kev mirrored on the other side as a right sided attacking midfielder with Phil and Bernardo in the middle and Torres up top, but I think Phil has a lot to learn to play that role, I’d play that against weaker opposition at home for him to get that experience though but we’ll see what Pep does, he gets paid the big bucks.
About speed, I believe he is faster than Mahrez though but Mahrez always tries to find space to try a shot but Grealish never tries that, always tries to lay it off.

If Pep can find a good way to fit him and Kdb in midfield that doesn’t leave us exposed then I feel we would have fun. But watching him so far as a winger, he doesn’t seem that aggressive to try and force his way to get in front of goal, he is always okay passing the ball.

About speed, I believe he is faster than Mahrez though but Mahrez always tries to find space to try a shot but Grealish never tries that, always tries to lay it off.

If Pep can find a good way to fit him and Kdb in midfield that doesn’t leave us exposed then I feel we would have fun. But watching him so far as a winger, he doesn’t seem that aggressive to try and force his way to get in front of goal, he is always okay passing the ball.
Oh he’s faster than Mahrez, but Mahrez is quicker over a half yard, quick enough to move the ball and get his shot off without it being blocked but that’s partly due to Mahrez playing on the “wrong” side. I think if Jack played on the right he’d be more aggressive with his shooting too, but on the left the full back is always going to show him the outside and he usually takes it, he can only pass it across the box or play back at that point.

If Mahrez played on the left he wouldn’t be as aggressive with his shooting either.

As we saw with England tonight, if he goes outside he’s not going to put it across the box if there is nobody there and it goes backwards, and that’s not his fault.

I think he’ll get most of his goals coming in at the back post like the one he scored from against Norwich.

For me, David Silva is our best ever player, and you can throw that same criticism at him, but Jack’s not a traditional winger either (Silva did start on the wing at Valencia) and he’s played slightly more inside for us than he did for England tonight.

I don’t think he’s going to create and score himself and if people expect that for £100M they’re going to be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.