10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought his running at pace was fantastic yesterday. Same in Real game if one of his 2 nearly goals had gone in we…
Arhhhh thought for a moment I had acquired the amnesia for that game alas not forgotten yet
We have to let last week go LBM, as best as we can. Some miserable fuckers are still obsessing about chelsea in Porto and won’t let go. I love what we’ve got at City, warts n all, and thanked fuck yesterday we did what we did, looking forward to the next game. I agree about Jack, and I think we’ll see a lot more of that next season

Better yesterday but he still isn’t aggressive enough. Too nice, too laidback.

He had an open chance to shoot in the first half and passed it out wide to Zinchenko. Be selfish Jack lad, let fucking rip!
I agree

He needs more ruthlessness and aggression in his game,he's a big lad who can put it about should he desire.

We already have a couple who dont like the rough stuff,so we cant afford another.

He's showing signs that he finally feels like he belongs. His biggest problem for me at City has been an overly deferential attitude to our senior players, which manifests itself by Jack looking to pass the ball and offload responsibility to our senior players more than he should.

It's almost like he was keenly aware of not appearing to be a Billy Big Bollocks and overcorrected to the diminishment of his natural game. Now we're seeing him playing with a bit more swagger and making things happen himself, but still putting the team first

Yesterday's fifth goal was everything that's great about him. Drive, balance, control, and then the awareness and selflessness to pass the ball when I'm sure he'd have loved nothing more than to score himself, given the scrutiny his goal return has been under

For what it’s worth, I think Cancelo and Grealish have combined well all season. It’s just that Cancelo doesn’t really compliment Grealish’s attacking threat but Zinchenko does.

Purely because he can go for the overlap which drags a defender away - makes a massive difference.

For Cancelo, Grealish’s main aim is to get to the line, draw a few men to leave Cancelo free who can then inswing a cross which has been a pretty key weapon for the past 2 seasons. A bit like Bernardo in his first season when he played on the right and used to give it back to Kev. Both are effective but only one plays to Grealish’s strengths and that’s Zinchenko’s method.
He plays on the opposite side of the pitch to where I sit, so I don't see it up close and I only watch highlights, but that sounds about right. Fingers crossed we do get that LB in the window (something we have been saying for...how long now?)

I think already experiencing huge failure in UCL campaign will be serves as his wake up call and the catalyst of his growth to unlock his true potential, last match is showing the glimpse of his brilliance. The Grealish we're all wanted to see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.