10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fee is part of the pressure it has always been the same.

I remember paying 1.5 M for Steve Daley, who was when we signed him a very decent player ( probably in the 500k bracket) but never a 1.5 M player. Sadly the fee got to him and he tried to play like a 1.5 M player when he simply could not.

If the fee does get to Grealish, not that I think it will, we are in trouble.

That's why the kindest thing the club can do for Jack is to spend shitloads on players this summer to take the pressure off him

It's the only humane choice, if you think about it

That's why the kindest thing the club can do for Jack is to spend shitloads on players this summer to take the pressure off him

It's the only humane choice, if you think about it
Just splash the cash regardless, already the abuse is starting re Haaland, music to my ears.....

1652198064783.png

If we get Fdj not sure where he fits in
Huh ? Why would that be the case ? Grealish has not been playing as a #8 this season. Plus if he does in the future… we’ll probs see FDJ battle it out as a #6 with Rodri too.

However there will be one less position available in the team when Haaland and Alvarez arrive as strikers…

Huh ? Why would that be the case ? Grealish has not been playing as a #8 this season. Plus if he does in the future… we’ll probs see FDJ battle it out as a #6 with Rodri too.

However there will be one less position available in the team when Haaland and Alvarez arrive as strikers…
Just airing a thought, it’s what this place is about, so where do you see him ?

If we get Fdj not sure where he fits in
I think we'll move towards a 4231. The usual options in defence, Haaland or Alvarez up top, a central midfield pairing of Rodri and FDJ (with cover from Gundogan, and Bernardo can drop back there if need be too).

Then we have a left wing of Foden, Grealish or Sterling (if he stays), a right wing of Mahrez, Foden, Jesus or Sterling (if either of the latter two stay) and a CAM of pretty much any of our attacking players (ideally KDB when possible), including Grealish.

The amount of games we play, we need at least 2 options in each position. Jack will get game time on the left or as a more traditional 10, as well as perhaps occasionally up front if we revert to a false 9 (although I don't think there's much appetite for that).

Alternatively we keep our 4123 and FDJ competes with Rodri to be the 1, with the option of playing further forward, which might impact Grealish's potential transition to an 8 but as he hasn't really played there this year and the whole idea of him in that position is because of some vague rumours plus fans thinking he'd be good there, that might not actually be much impact on him at all.

Last edited:
Just airing a thought, it’s what this place is about, so where do you see him ?
Fair enough, in our current system I would like to see Grealish as a #8. If we’re going to keep him as an inverted left winger I would like us to get a new LB in aswell if we can. Along with an actual striker I think we’ll see a completely different Grealish to one we’ve seen this year.

@Lauz9888 for me Jack is perfect for the #10 position if we’re going 4-2-3-1. Whether pep goes with that formation though I’m not so sure…

The fee is part of the pressure it has always been the same.

I remember paying 1.5 M for Steve Daley, who was when we signed him a very decent player ( probably in the 500k bracket) but never a 1.5 M player. Sadly the fee got to him and he tried to play like a 1.5 M player when he simply could not.

If the fee does get to Grealish, not that I think it will, we are in trouble.
I genuinely don't think it is as much to do with the fee, than an adjustment period for not only him but the players around him. He's got completely different attributes to the other players we have or have had, he does that thing that Pep talks about where he slows the pace down and that's useful but it can be a hinderance if the rest of the team aren't on the same page. I'm sure it will work out, maybe he will move to the 8 where that trait can be fully utilised.

I genuinely don't think it is as much to do with the fee, than an adjustment period for not only him but the players around him. He's got completely different attributes to the other players we have or have had, he does that thing that Pep talks about where he slows the pace down and that's useful but it can be a hinderance if the rest of the team aren't on the same page. I'm sure it will work out, maybe he will move to the 8 where that trait can be fully utilised.
Thinking about this again, it's what Spanish Dave used to do and something that Pep used to go on about a lot when people compared Foden to Dave. And if you think back, Dave himself made that transition from out wide into the 8 and adjusted his game. He was obviously a lot further in his development because he'd worked alongside amazing players for Spain and at City, i do think that's what Pep wants for Grealish.

Thinking about this again, it's what Spanish Dave used to do and something that Pep used to go on about a lot when people compared Foden to Dave. And if you think back, Dave himself made that transition from out wide into the 8 and adjusted his game. He was obviously a lot further in his development because he'd worked alongside amazing players for Spain and at City, i do think that's what Pep wants for Grealish.

David Silva may have been further along in his development, despite being a year or so younger when he joined us, than Grealish, but still it wasn't until his 6th season that he was playing more often centrally than out wide.

10/11:
chrome_screenshot_1652260024298.png

11/12
chrome_screenshot_1652260095471.png

12/13:
chrome_screenshot_1652260160802.png

13/14:
chrome_screenshot_1652260566398.png

14/15:
chrome_screenshot_1652260841142.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.