10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt that he will be incredible next season. He's a baller and he will show it. KDB loses the ball as much as anyone on the team but no one cares because he's brilliant. That's what Jack needs to do. Forget what could happen, just go out and play!

Jack is having the time of his life at the moment haha!!

I think in a funny way the last couple of days have really shown why he has maybe played a bit within himself this season. He seems in awe of the players around him, and i am not convinced that he has truly believed (this season) that he belongs in that company. He mentioned on Sky how much he wants to impress Pep in training etc and i bet that also carries over to the players like KDB and Bernardo.

Once he believes he is on a par with his peers and deserves to be there he will really kick on. This first title win could be the catalyst and i am excited for what he could become.

Just seen his interview on Sky after the game and was interesting to hear how he's not really felt like himself, scared to lose the ball etc.

Also noticed how the signings/fees of Sancho and Lukaku haven't been scrutinised half as much as Jack.

Jack is having the time of his life at the moment haha!!

I think in a funny way the last couple of days have really shown why he has maybe played a bit within himself this season. He seems in awe of the players around him, and i am not convinced that he has truly believed (this season) that he belongs in that company. He mentioned on Sky how much he wants to impress Pep in training etc and i bet that also carries over to the players like KDB and Bernardo.

Once he believes he is on a par with his peers and deserves to be there he will really kick on. This first title win could be the catalyst and i am excited for what he could become.
Totally agree with this. His honesty in his interviews is really refreshing too.

I think he had an ok season, he’s definitely a very, very good footballer. I think next season he can really kick on and prove his obvious ability.

It can’t be easy coming from a mid table kind of club to a club expected to win everything and have a £100m tag placed on you, especially as an English player in England, you’re under the microscope all the time. He didn’t decide the amount, it’s simply a contract clause.

He definitely needs to step up a level though, no doubt, but I like his interviews because he’s completely self aware of what he needs to do better. for me, that is the important part and why I feel he will really move up a level next season. I hope he feels like he has more freedom to run at players instead of keeping possession all the time because there’s not many better than him. Yeah you might lose the ball plenty, that’s the nature of playing that way, but you also might carve out 2 or 3 good chances a game too.

let him feel he can play to his strengths a bit more and he can cause defences fits, I’m sure.

Huge difference in the expectations of the top teams around Birmingham compared with Manchester and competition around the Northwest. He must step up next season but now knows what he has to do and how to do it.

Next season I think players running more at defenders rather than just keeping possession will be a feature.

So turns out all a player has to do to go from being the scapegoat to a hero is get absolutely binned and hit up social media! Go on Jack!

For those who like stats, this is an eye opener. SCA is a shot creating action which is an offensive action like a pass, dribble or drawing a foul that leads to a shot.

His SCA per 90 puts him in great company and if you do his SCA per minutes he is top in the prem. Considering the lack of minutes he has had in the league this season, it's a promising stat to expect what is to come potentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.