10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is going to be a mascot of this club than a top player. Everyone's happy, but he hardly helped us to win PL. Next season will be decisive for him. Extremely ineffective and extremely inefficient.

He is going to be a mascot of this club than a top player. Everyone's happy, but he hardly helped us to win PL. Next season will be decisive for him. Extremely ineffective and extremely inefficient.
I sense some expertise here!

Zero expertise, I simply expect way more like any other fan. For that price we expect players who will make the team better, he has not made us better so far.
When I said some, I didn't mean it! Please learn the lesson of Rodri, Gundogan, Mahrez, and more, who were criticised and went on to prove people wrong. Grealish has done quite well, and has improved as the season has progressed. He has explained himself and, clearly, is very popular with teammates. Give him time and a chance to be the player we recruited - we rarely get it wrong.

Last edited:
Thought he was just coming into his own before the season finished get a bender out the way then I think hel be raring to go for next season where hel be more consistent

I think Grealish will be an asset next season, we have seen this happen to other players, underwhelming during the first season then becoming legends. A few exceptions, but it is more likely than not, given Grealish’s form over the last few weeks.

Grealish played 1,916 minutes in the Premier League for the team who finished top of the table with 93 points. He definitely helped us win the title. He's got room for improvement but the idea that he was "inefficient" or a passenger is complete tosh. And I'm not just going to quote statistics at you and walk away. Players who don't put a shift in under Pep don't last long. This has been true not just of Pep's time at City but of Pep's entire career in management. He doesn't suffer fools or accept passengers. Think of all the talented (and in some cases legendary) players he stopped trusting because he sensed that they didn't have the right attributes or attitude.

Hart, Bravo, Yaya, Nolito, Sané, Iheanacho, Nasri, Torres. Was he wrong about any of them? And as soon as he came in at Barcelona he got rid of Ronaldinho and Deco, then Eto'o one year later. Grealish has already lasted longer with Pep than half of them lot I've just listed. You don't stay in Pep's good books if you're not good enough. People used to say similar things about Walker, that he was only in City's XI because of his pace. It was bollocks then and it's bollocks now. If Grealish has been as "inefficient" as you say, then why does Pep keep picking him? You can't be part of one of the best Premier League squads of all time, working for one of the game's great managers, if you're a passenger. It doesn't work like that.

Anyone checked in on Grealish to make sure he's still alive? Maybe someone down in Ibiza can slip him a glass of water?

next season is huge for jack. Think we're all giving him the benefit of the doubt, season of settling in/adjusting to new system etc. But really needs to step up now and become a key player.

Fans wont be as forgiving next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.