10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about we try him as the false nine while Foden plays on the left?
Might be an option down the line.

I think the reason they weren't is because Foden has atleast played false 9 before while Grealish hasn't.

Pep didn't want to mess with Grealish's rhythm as a LW.

Second half performance his most convincing. Need to see it for full 90 mins and improve his defensive play. Him and Foden securely ahead of Sterling if that happens.

I don’t like Foden playing in that false 9 position. Feel his talent is wasted there.
Against a side like Chelsea or Liverpool and teams that high press I feel Foden is great as the false 9. When playing out of the back, he can drop deep, receive the ball in the midfield and either lay it off or make one of his mazing runs like a 10 which helps advance the ball up the pitch. See the Gladbach game last season where he laid it off to Gundogan to score. I was in favor of getting Grealish for the very reason he could go on the left and Phil in the middle in these types of games.

We may lose a little bit by not having an actual striker in the middle when we do get in the attacking half, but I think Pep figures he wants the ball first. Put pressure on the other team and make them defend. We don't want to be defending in our own half for much of the game.

Phil's pace and energy for pressing and counter pressing is impressive also.

I love his attitude, gives 100% and you can see how determined he is to impact games. Can see him being a superstar here and winning lots for us.
Imagine how much he would of improved man United if they would of got grealish instead of sancho

Was Messi wasted in that role?
In some games probably. As good as Phil is and will be it’s a little daft comparing anyone to the greatest ever. Foden definitely wasted as a false 9 but might end up there again next week as the team performance was superb yesterday.

Am I missing something? It seems to me that when we play with a false 9, the players interchange. For example, Grealish was up front when Foden slipped him in on goal. I don't think Foden was playing as our set false 9 as being discussed here.

Against a side like Chelsea or Liverpool and teams that high press I feel Foden is great as the false 9. When playing out of the back, he can drop deep, receive the ball in the midfield and either lay it off or make one of his mazing runs like a 10 which helps advance the ball up the pitch. See the Gladbach game last season where he laid it off to Gundogan to score. I was in favor of getting Grealish for the very reason he could go on the left and Phil in the middle in these types of games.

We may lose a little bit by not having an actual striker in the middle when we do get in the attacking half, but I think Pep figures he wants the ball first. Put pressure on the other team and make them defend. We don't want to be defending in our own half for much of the game.

Phil's pace and energy for pressing and counter pressing is impressive also.
Phil played against Liverpool at Khanfield, last season as a false nine and he wasn’t great, when he moved into the right hand side in the second half he ripped them a new one. KDB plays the role far better because he is physically stronger than Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.