10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest McAtee is 50/50 at best, of being that level, and decent player that Grealish is, he certainly isn't better than his current competition at present....hopefully like many, he will be better next season, at present he is nowhere near what you would expect for £100m.
I'd be delighted to be wrong, but I don't think McAtee will be anywhere near ready for the first team for at least two years.

He's work in progress, a lad still learning the game and very, very raw. His time will come but it's unrealistic to think he's anywhere near Grealish level.

Jack Grealish didn't set his £100m price tag. He wasn't worth anywhere near that imo, but Pep and Txiki were obviously determined to get him.

Grealish has quietly been one of our better players this season, especially in the past few weeks. consider how long it took for a lot of Pep's signings to settle. Have no doubts he will live up to his price tag, the talent is there, he showed his ability in the Derby. Goals and Assist will come. no winger we have signed has played at a consistent level in their first season. Sane, Mahrez, Bernardo all showed flashes in their first seasons, so has Grealish. all the wingers mentioned were a resounding success. If Pep wanted Grealish it was for a good reason

His performance against Southampton in no way warranted more pages of mostly negative feedback than every other player thread.
Hes being held to far more scrutiny than any other player, often unfairly and often from the same posters who have been negative from day one and refuse to add comment after performances that were good.
Nothing new though, we've been here many times before.

His performance against Southampton in no way warranted more pages of mostly negative feedback than every other player thread.
Hes being held to far more scrutiny than any other player, often unfairly and often from the same posters who have been negative from day one and refuse to add comment after performances that were good.
Nothing new though, we've been here many times before.

In fairness, he’ll be judged because he’s taking loads of game time and producing nothing of note. He’s putting in solid but sadly unproductive performances. He’s simply not contributing the numbers. And whether it’s his fault or not, he’s our record signing and only signing for this season. He will be judged differently. Other players will play worse, but have money in the bank. Grealish hasn’t.

He seems a player who it’s deemed stupid to question. Well, let’s be frank, he’s been totally underwhelming and people are getting frustrated. I don’t think it’s unfair to start asking questions of him now.

I hear the argument about Mahrez, Gundogan or Rodri making a slow start. Which again is fair but easily and rightly scrutinised. Mahrez was in double figures for both goals and assists in his first season. Rodri wasn’t this Rodri but he was still a very solid player. Gundogan was frustrating but we’d seen moments of real class in games like when he tore Barcelona to shreds. We’d also seen him be one of the very best midfielders in the World at BVB.

Grealish came with huge questions to be answered. And for many, he’s left more questions so far and any answers we’ve got, have not been positive..

I’ve a group of City supporting mates who’ve all played the game for years, everyone of them at Wembley in 99.. Not one was convinced he was the right signing and are certainly less convinced after his performances to date.

In fairness, he’ll be judged because he’s taking loads of game time and producing nothing of note. He’s putting in solid but sadly unproductive performances. He’s simply not contributing the numbers. And whether it’s his fault or not, he’s our record signing and only signing for this season. He will be judged differently. Other players will play worse, but have money in the bank. Grealish hasn’t.

He seems a player who it’s deemed stupid to question. Well, let’s be frank, he’s been totally underwhelming and people are getting frustrated. I don’t think it’s unfair to start asking questions of him now.

I hear the argument about Mahrez, Gundogan or Rodri making a slow start. Which again is fair but easily and rightly scrutinised. Mahrez was in double figures for both goals and assists in his first season. Rodri wasn’t this Rodri but he was still a very solid player. Gundogan was frustrating but we’d seen moments of real class in games like when he tore Barcelona to shreds. We’d also seen him be one of the very best midfielders in the World at BVB.

Grealish came with huge questions to be answered. And for many, he’s left more questions so far and any answers we’ve got, have not been positive..

I’ve a group of City supporting mates who’ve all played the game for years, everyone of them at Wembley in 99.. Not one was convinced he was the right signing and are certainly less convinced after his performances to date.
Just a rehash of every other post I've read that mate.
Nobody will be changing thier minds on him even after stand out performances like the Derby where funnily enough the main protagonists were nowhere to be seen
The lad is a quality footballer with plenty more to give. That's all that I'm concerned about and with that in mind I'm more than happy we bought him.

Just a rehash of every other post I've read that mate.
Nobody will be changing thier minds on him even after stand out performances like the Derby where funnily enough the main protagonists were nowhere to be seen
The lad is a quality footballer with plenty more to give. That's all that I'm concerned about and with that in mind I'm more than happy we bought him.

I’ve seen loads say he was good in the Derby. But I guess your overreaction to his performance is another reason people question him. He was good, but standout? He was behind Foden, De Bruyne, Mahrez & Bernardo in the attacking positions alone.

It was probably his best game, but he still didn’t overly affect the result.

I’ve seen loads say he was good in the Derby. But I guess your overreaction to his performance is another reason people question him. He was good, but standout? He was behind Foden, De Bruyne, Mahrez & Bernardo in the attacking positions alone.

It was probably his best game, but he still didn’t overly affect the result.
Yeah, we disagree.

We agree he was good in the Derby. I just don’t agree with your definition of standout nor does the dictionary..
I thought he stood out as one of the best players on the pitch. It’s pretty straightforward regardless of the dictionary definition.

Just to add I looked at the Motm thread and he was second only to Kev so whilst not exactly scientific it gives an idea to how well he played.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.