10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Grealish will decide a game, say vs Wolves or West Ham or...Villa :)

I think that there are still some trust issues between him and the rest of the team. And hopefully as time goes by it will improve.

At the beginning of the 2nd half, Grealish broke though from the left. He checked teammates position and then made a good cross into the box perfectly landing between CBs but no one made the run and 3+ city players all just stopped outside the box.

The cross is similar to Ferna's cross in last game vs Real. Foden immediately rushed to the point and headed the goal in. It is football basic principle that when there is a break though on one wing, the other side winger needs to run into the box for cross.

It should be either Jesus or Sterling making the run but they both seemed to not believe that Grealish having the ability to cross into the box.

I think they assumed he would try to win a free kick.

Grealish winning so many fouls has his uses but with him it feels like it's his preferred outcome. It feels like when he gets the ball he would rather win a free kick than put in a cross.

I think they assumed he would try to win a free kick.

Grealish winning so many fouls has his uses but with him it feels like it's his preferred outcome. It feels like when he gets the ball he would rather win a free kick than put in a cross.
That was my feelings also, go for the easier freekick option. Free kicks are not really City's bag, we like to keep the ball moving to pull players out of shape and position.
The 2nd half yesterday showed me the player I wanted to see. Staying up, jinxing, foxy and dribbling more.
Take a few more risks, Jack. It will do you good.
Really hope to see more of this Grealish.

Ineffective again , never pushes us on and decides a game , at his age he should be better , his non pressing does my head in , runs to a player, stops three feet away and lets them do what they like , he is experienced enough shirley , expected much better , hopefully next season but i doubt it

Can't think of a single game where he's been man of the match, or even made a crucial difference. For a £100m attackers that's not great. Hopefully next season he turns it around and becomes a decisive player as this year, he's just not had an impact at all.

Wouldn't say no to him scoring a winner on the final day against Villa though, that'd be a nice start!

Ineffective again , never pushes us on and decides a game , at his age he should be better , his non pressing does my head in , runs to a player, stops three feet away and lets them do what they like , he is experienced enough shirley , expected much better , hopefully next season but i doubt it
Jeez Kaz - give him some credit for yesterday- had a decent game. 3 on him, knuckle dragging crowd chucking stuff at him, ref letting bad fouls go on him.
Thought he did well.

Can't think of a single game where he's been man of the match, or even made a crucial difference. For a £100m attackers that's not great. Hopefully next season he turns it around and becomes a decisive player as this year, he's just not had an impact at all.

Wouldn't say no to him scoring a winner on the final day against Villa though, that'd be a nice start!

I think the telling thing is, if we need to beat Villa on the last day, he’ll be sat on the bench.

I get why fans would want to give him time, but I also think those that expected/expect more from one of our best paid players, our record signing. Second half there were some nice bits of play, also some really poor bits too. But he was still behind all the other attacking players. I’d say he had a similar game to Gundogan.

Call me petty but I'd love to win the league after spending £100m on a player who did very little.

I love the smell of boiled piss in the morning sure.

Call me petty but I'd love to win the league after spending £100m on a player who did very little.

I love the smell of boiled piss in the morning sure.

If he scores the winner against either Villa or Liverpool, the piss boiling will off the charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.