10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a shame that we, seemingly, cannot get behind all our players.

I agree and, though they're not all saints by any stretch, unlike the past I can't think of a single active squad member who disrespects the fans/club. So to me they are all deserving of our support.

would anyone accept a bet that he will be over 10 in goals+assist in total by end of season (only PL)?
after 10 rounds played he has 1 goal, but he did not play a part in all 10 games.

I was offered this bet by an Arse fan friend, but I did not take it, I dont trust he will do it. maybe he does, but looking at his play, I dont think he will assist or score much at all by end of season.

dont know why he couldnt easily do a 4 goals+8 assist or something like that in PL, because he did that or better than that at Villa too multiple times, the the way he is at City, he might as well close the season with 2 goals, 2 assists as well for PL. last season he did 3 goals / 3 assists (PL).
which is something even some defenders or even Rodri could outperform... (Rodri did 7 goals, 2 assists)

with Haaland in there all creative players should have higher assist numbers generally, so we will see.

1 goal and no assists in 5 PL apps and 4 CL apps, is not a great start in terms of numbers.

his overall play was not bad, but imo there will come a time when Pep will need some added numbers from him to make the difference in tight games etc.

the odd assist and goals do come form Gundo, Bernardo, Mahrez too, KDB is a machine for assist and had great goal tally last time, while Foden chipping in nicely so far with goals and assists too, Grealish will need to come up with bit better numbers too.

but Grealish himself said multiple times he expected to have higher numbers last year, and expects himself to deliver them this season for sure.

I think he would need to have a burst in a way he scores a hattrick or delivers 3 assists one game and kind of gets the momentum from that to do it on a weekly basis but it might or might not happen for him.

would anyone accept a bet that he will be over 10 in goals+assist in total by end of season (only PL)?
after 10 rounds played he has 1 goal, but he did not play a part in all 10 games.

I was offered this bet by an Arse fan friend, but I did not take it, I dont trust he will do it. maybe he does, but looking at his play, I dont think he will assist or score much at all by end of season.

dont know why he couldnt easily do a 4 goals+8 assist or something like that in PL, because he did that or better than that at Villa too multiple times, the the way he is at City, he might as well close the season with 2 goals, 2 assists as well for PL. last season he did 3 goals / 3 assists (PL).
which is something even some defenders or even Rodri could outperform... (Rodri did 7 goals, 2 assists)

with Haaland in there all creative players should have higher assist numbers generally, so we will see.

1 goal and no assists in 5 PL apps and 4 CL apps, is not a great start in terms of numbers.

his overall play was not bad, but imo there will come a time when Pep will need some added numbers from him to make the difference in tight games etc.

the odd assist and goals do come form Gundo, Bernardo, Mahrez too, KDB is a machine for assist and had great goal tally last time, while Foden chipping in nicely so far with goals and assists too, Grealish will need to come up with bit better numbers too.

but Grealish himself said multiple times he expected to have higher numbers last year, and expects himself to deliver them this season for sure.

I think he would need to have a burst in a way he scores a hattrick or delivers 3 assists one game and kind of gets the momentum from that to do it on a weekly basis but it might or might not happen for him.
Again, people are falling into the goals and assists is all that matters stat.

If you look at all the football data available to clubs, City will see that when Grealish plays, he contributes quite heavily to our overall play. He ranks at the top of our team in terms of ball progression and shots created (around Kevin level), and Kevin leads the team at the top in terms of goals creating actions (he embarrasses the whole league in this regard).

Here's one easy way just from this season to see his effectiveness, just look at when he doesn't start:

Newcastle and Aston Villa, both draws, Grealish didn't start either game. Pep went with Foden and Bernardo as the wingers. Admittedly Grealish wasn't available due to injury.

Against Liverpool Pep didn't start with Grealish when available. We obviously lost that game.

In fact ALL points lost this season did not have Grealish in the team, we have won every game he starts, besides the last Champions League and that's due to the early red card. He also started and was important when we smashed United even though he didn't get a goal or assist.

Now it's still too early to even say he is important to the team (as I'm trying to say), but so far, this is what I have noticed.

Having a big G/A number does not mean the player will deliver under pressure.

Grealish has never been or ever would be a big number G/A player.

But he will be the one to make the difference when it really matters.

He scored at the 84min to help Villa escaped relegation on the final day of the campaign.
He won the penalty in the play-off semi final.
He scored the comeback goal when we were 2-0 down vs West Ham last season.
He scored the comeback goal when we were 3-0 down vs Liverpool in FA cup semi final and fought and created chances until the very last minutes.
He assisted Kane on his first European knockout game experience when the game was tight.
He did not score vs Real Madrid due to Courtois save. But he was the one who tried and fought until the end, won corners and tried to break the bus when everyone gave up hope on City.

He does not shrink under pressure from the opposition. Just like he always demands the ball even facing pressing machine like City or Liverpool. All he needs is more regular playing time and some trust from Pep and the team.

He wasn't bad today, but I think the crux of his issue is just games like that where he 6/10'S it and does nothing with his big moments in the box. Had to shoot when kev laid it off, but he seems petrified of missing big chances atm, So just not shooting.

I thought 1st half he was heavily involved even though not much came off for him. 2nd half he was almost as bad as Mahrez and should have been brought off earlier.

I thought 1st half he was heavily involved even though not much came off for him. 2nd half he was almost as bad as Mahrez and should have been brought off earlier.

2nd half Brighton targeted our right hand side because Mahrez slow and Akanji tired.

Grealish and Cancelo hardly saw any ball and they did just okay defending. No errors when they rarely got onto ball.

Yeah we pretty much couldn't do much build up play on our left side which is what he is used for.

Our right side was targeted and Brighton were really good at keeping the ball, which works against Grealish.

This must be the only game where we had less possession than the opposition this season.

Another non game for him. Little impact at all.
I noticed in the 2nd half our players were actually ignoring him when he offered. That is worrying but he was usually offering an unnecessary pass. Probably at Villa the tactic was give it to Jack wherever he is. He looks lost at City.
Awaits abuse .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.