10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That lovely passage of play that started with mahrez on the right and ended with kdb laying it on a plate for Grealish inside the box to come on to and bury only for him to inexplicably giving back to kdb who was marked by that point is him in a nutshell. You have to score there, you just have to. at the bare minimum you force the keeper into a brilliant save. What you don't do is pass it backwards to a marked man for a significantly harder effort. kdb would have been better just shooting himself instead of laying it on a plate. Never feel like he's going to make something happen when he gets on the ball.

That lovely passage of play that started with mahrez on the right and ended with kdb laying it on a plate for Grealish inside the box to come on to and bury only for him to inexplicably giving back to kdb who was marked by that point is him in a nutshell. You have to score there, you just have to. at the bare minimum you force the keeper into a brilliant save. What you don't do is pass it backwards to a marked man for a significantly harder effort. kdb would have been better just shooting himself instead of laying it on a plate. Never feel like he's going to make something happen when he gets on the ball.
I agree. Kev almost made it in to something but he should have smashed it for me.

Stats do not lie no matter how his biased fan boys try to embellish his performances. I was his advocate last season ( benefit of the doubt), but we are heading toward mid season and he has not proved his worth yet. I fail to see any added value or contribution in his play and I am sick of the nonsense that he has a different role other than delivering assists and scoring goals. What is that role ? defensive duties ? I can’t recall noteworthy contribution defensively ! key passes ? I can not recall any ! Assists and goals ? Handful and way below the average of all our attackers combined. He has flattered to deceive big time. I still hope that the penny drops and he turns the corner, but please stop overhyping and overrating him as you are not doing the team nor the player any favor with your puff pieces.

Yeah we pretty much couldn't do much build up play on our left side which is what he is used for.

Our right side was targeted and Brighton were really good at keeping the ball, which works against Grealish.

This must be the only game where we had less possession than the opposition this season.

One solution is that switching our possession "block" Bernado&Grealish duo to the right hand side in this situation. I know Grealish never plays as RW at City but he regularly switches position with the RW in England team. Strangely Pep never tried this.

Stats do not lie no matter how his biased fan boys try to embellish his performances. I was his advocate last season ( benefit of the doubt), but we are heading toward mid season and he has not proved his worth yet. I fail to see any added value or contribution in his play and I am sick of the nonsense that he has a different role other than delivering assists and scoring goals. What is that role ? defensive duties ? I can’t recall noteworthy contribution defensively ! key passes ? I can not recall any ! Assists and goals ? Handful and way below the average of all our attackers combined. He has flattered to deceive big time. I still hope that the penny drops and he turns the corner, but please stop overhyping and overrating him as you are not doing the team nor the player any favor with your puff pieces.
Proved his worth to who, you or Pep. If Peps happy and picking and we are winning and he is and we are so am I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.