10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to be central and picking it up in areas where he can drive with it. Right now it's easy (and no other option sadly) for him to get it on the wing then run backwards.

Imagine he picked it up centrally then ran backwards? It wouldn't happen because it's a completely different, and more dangerous, area of the pitch which he would be effective from.

The issue is, we play a 4-3-3 and he won't be trusted to play in the middle 3 by Pep so we won't see him there. The only other option is for him to occupy a central area and have an overlapping full back behind him (not Cancelo who cuts into the same central areas) to keep that width.

I've been a massive fan of his and ardent backer but I'm not completely sure what he was bought for given the way we play and the personnel we have. I hope to fuck it wasn't a buy to solidify this new (let's face it, dull) possession-based-not-actually-going-anywhere football we've adopted since October.

Clips from his Villa days.

Very very clearly playing centrally with the freedom to roam both left and right. At no point is he playing as a hug the touchline left winger some of you seem to think he was whilst at Villa.

Look at him in these clips. Fucking excellent player. Plenty of positivity and plenty of end product.

Genuinely cannot get my head round why we are playing him in a position / way that just isn’t “him”.

Hurts to watch, that. We have a generational coach who is stamping the fuck out of any positivity Grealish has to offer by sticking him with paint on his boots and telling him not to move. It's affecting Haaland as well as Grealish because it means fuck all service from the whole left side.

He needs to be central and picking it up in areas where he can drive with it. Right now it's easy (and no other option sadly) for him to get it on the wing then run backwards.

Imagine he picked it up centrally then ran backwards? It wouldn't happen because it's a completely different, and more dangerous, area of the pitch which he would be effective from.

The issue is, we play a 4-3-3 and he won't be trusted to play in the middle 3 by Pep so we won't see him there. The only other option is for him to occupy a central area and have an overlapping full back behind him (not Cancelo who cuts into the same central areas) to keep that width.

I've been a massive fan of his and ardent backer but I'm not completely sure what he was bought for given the way we play and the personnel we have. I hope to fuck it wasn't a buy to solidify this new (let's face it, dull) possession-based-not-actually-going-anywhere football we've adopted since October.
sadly I think it is exactly that. but sill will like to see him with a overlapping fullback. could be more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.