10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If Jesus was given Grealish's minutes before Christmas"? Where is this coming from??

Before Christmas there was only 2 PL games that Grealish started but Jesus did not.
First time against Watford - Grealish just returned from injury/needed some minutes to find rhythm and Jesus just played a game 3 days ago. Understandable rotation.
Second time against Leeds - Grealish played an outstanding game.
And Jesus had a lot of starts when Grealish was not starting (for injury or just rotation).

Jesus got more starts in the PL - Grealish was injured for several weeks in the middle.

In CL group stage, Pep clearly trusted Mahrez in the right wing role more and did some Foden False 9 experiment (that fantastic Club Brugge game away). So Jesus did not get more chances there.

I cannot see how Grealish starts could be given to Jesus before Christmas.

Jesus featured less and less after the Christmas and linked with Arsenal at the same time when City was chasing Halaand. It is very clear that he left because of Halaand's arrival.

And this is what he said in the interview
--
'I'm a No 9!': Gabriel Jesus sends clear message to Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta that he wants to play as a striker and not on the wing after his £45m move - even though he says he 'can play three or four positions' in the front line"

I’m not really arsed about each individual stat. Jesus seemed to be moved regularly to accommodate lesser players.
He’s got roughly the same minutes last year to Grealish, yet vastly out performed him. Worked harder and come season end was favoured..
Jesus should have been starting every week. Grealish was given far too many minutes. He was frankly shit, but he needed the minutes to get where we need him.
Hopefully it comes off, Hopefully Grealish becomes what we all hope.

Last edited:
Heard it at the game. Disgraceful. Especially considering Kdb and cancelo were a million times worse than him. He didn’t offer much and took no risks which is frustrating but probably one of only 1 or 2 on the pitch who wasn’t just punting it into the stands, losing the ball and misplacing passes. Needs to be more direct, less predictable and take some more risks but to slam him when as a whole team we was shite on Saturday is just mad. Like the twat behind me at the game screaming at grealish when he cut back and played an easy pass, whilst then shouting chin up Kev when Kdb lost the ball for the 60th time.
Mahrez was not in form in the three preseason games and only 4 pages of comments.

LMAO

Look. I’ve read a lot of your posts, most are quite good. But ask any City fan, any regular game going City fan over the age of 30, and they’ll be shitting it that Jesus & Sterling will score against us. It’s basically an unwritten sod’s law type of thing.

I didn’t leave Grealish out of the Villa game, or the CL quarters or semi finals. He was left out because other players were/are simply better and more dangerous.

Your idea that I don’t like Grealish is frankly nonsense. I like the lad, I really hope he shoves to all the critics.
But, I’m not going to just love him in blind faith.
Let’s be honest, he’s been pretty ordinary so far and his direct goal involvements have been frankly shocking.

I’m not alone in thinking this, and even his fan boys make excuses for him. Which is fine, admirable in fact, but if he wasn’t so underwhelming, they wouldn’t need the excuses, they’d just say he was playing well. But he’s not playing well, he’s not performed to expectations. Hence the need for excuses/rationalisation.

Better players have been moved on to accommodate him, so, there’s a shit tonne of pressure on him. He simply has to deliver. I really hope he does, but so far I’ve seen nothing in his game to suggest he will.
Absolutely spot on matey....well said

Absolutely spot on matey....well said
Some of it is, some of its guff. His same reasoning about Grealish being left out can easily be said about Sterling, but he’s shitting it he’s going to score against us.

I’ve not seen anyone say they’ve been happy with how he’s played, I’ve seen an allowance of time due to many examples of players needing that time to adapt to pep and us. I’d hardly call anyone fan boys either, I think what I’d like to see is fans support our players instead of actually wanting them to fail. At the game on Saturday it was embarrassing, even more so when he was nowhere near the worst player on the pitch. It’s a big season for him, if he repeats last year then he’s fucked but he shouldn’t be going into it with blues already writing him off. It’s pathetic

Mahrez was not in form in the three preseason games and only 4 pages of comments.

LMAO
Not getting at Grealish but when you’ve done what Kev has done for us and in Mahrez’s case bagged 24 in 40 odd games the previous season you are bound to be cut more slack. We all want Jack to kick on and hopefully he does

Some of it is, some of its guff. His same reasoning about Grealish being left out can easily be said about Sterling, but he’s shitting it he’s going to score against us.

I’ve not seen anyone say they’ve been happy with how he’s played, I’ve seen an allowance of time due to many examples of players needing that time to adapt to pep and us. I’d hardly call anyone fan boys either, I think what I’d like to see is fans support our players instead of actually wanting them to fail. At the game on Saturday it was embarrassing, even more so when he was nowhere near the worst player on the pitch. It’s a big season for him, if he repeats last year then he’s fucked but he shouldn’t be going into it with blues already writing him off. It’s pathetic

I’m not ‘shitting it’ that Sterling is going to score against us.
It was an example to the poster who suggested Grealish stayed on the bench vs Villa because ‘they knew his game’.

I suggested most game going fans think just the opposite. An ex player always comes back to haunt you. There’s no science or statistical evidence behind it, it’s just a fans hunch..

I actually think there are more fan boys than fans that want him to fail.

I’d love him to shove his greatness down the media’s throat.
But i’m also allowed the opinion that he just might not do that, especially based on what i’ve seen so far..

Last edited:
I’m not ‘shitting it’ that Sterling is going to score against us.
It was an example to the poster who suggested Grealish stayed on the bench vs Villa because ‘they knew his game’.

I suggested most game going fans think just the opposite. An ex player always comes back to haunt you. There’s no science or statistical evidence behind it, it’s just a fans hunch..

I actually there are more fan boys than fans that want him to fail.

I’d love him to shove his greatness down the media’s throat.
But i’m also allowed the opinion that he just might not do that, especially based on what i’ve seen so far..
You keep saying fan boys where I’ve still yet to see anyone praising his performances and saying he’s been great. There’s no blind loyalty here, it’s learning some players have needed time and I’m prepared to give, something I may have not before and there’s been many examples when these players have become so important to us. He’s not played great, far from it. Waiting for him to maybe not take someone on so fat bald men can blow steam from their ears isn’t for me. He’s not spectacularly shite either that’s the funny bit, he just kind of does nothing and takes no risks. An overlapping full back would help him greatly, the same way mahrez gets that luxury. I’m more concerned over our left back situation than grealish currently but them two kind of go hand in hand. If cancelo is our left back next year then I fear for Jack.

You keep saying fan boys where I’ve still yet to see anyone praising his performances and saying he’s been great. There’s no blind loyalty here, it’s learning some players have needed time and I’m prepared to give, something I may have not before and there’s been many examples when these players have become so important to us. He’s not played great, far from it. Waiting for him to maybe not take someone on so fat bald men can blow steam from their ears isn’t for me. He’s not spectacularly shite either that’s the funny bit, he just kind of does nothing and takes no risks. An overlapping full back would help him greatly, the same way mahrez gets that luxury. I’m more concerned over our left back situation than grealish currently but them two kind of go hand in hand. If cancelo is our left back next year then I You keep saying fan boys where I’ve still yet to see anyone praising his performances and saying he’s been great. There’s no blind loyalty here, it’s learning some players have needed time and I’m prepared to give, something I may have not before and there’s been many examples when these players have become so important to us. He’s not played great, far from it. Waiting for him to maybe not take someone on so fat bald men can blow steam from their ears isn’t for me. He’s not spectacularly shite either that’s the funny bit, he just kind of does nothing and takes no risks. An overlapping full back would help him greatly, the same way mahrez gets that luxury. I’m more concerned over our left back situation than grealish currently but them two kind of go hand in hand. If cancelo is our left back next year then I fear for Jack.

Without wanting to sound rude, you’ve been a member 3 months.

The reason Grealish’s thread this and last season is so busy is because there were a number of fan boys who couldn’t see any fault in Jack, would just tell anyone who wasn’t impressed that they didn’t understand football. When his dismal returns became undeniable, the fan boys then said it was down to no striker, not being a forward, left footed left back, or the one I still don’t get, being played out of position??

There are a number of posters who remain unconvinced. But most seem happy to give him time.
But some get annoyed with certain posters not defending Grealish, but insulting anyone who remains unconvinced.

Sadly, his price tag, his wages and the fact we’ve put a lot of eggs in the Grealish basket will all raise the pressure on him.

If he’s still performing as is by Christmas, I do think they’ll be heat coming down on him. I’d never boo a blue in the stadium, but I’m entitled to voice my opinion, concern on a player performance thread.

Last edited:
Without wanting to sound rude, you’ve been a member 3 months.

The reason Grealish’s thread this and last season is so busy is because there were a number of fan boys who couldn’t see any fault in Jack, would just tell anyone who wasn’t impressed that they didn’t understand football. When his dismal returns became undeniable, the fan boys then said it was down to no striker, not being a forward, left footed left back, or the one I still don’t get, being played out of position??

There are a number of posters who remain unconvinced. But most seem happy to give him time.
But some get annoyed with certain posters not defending Grealish, but insulting anyone who remains unconvinced.

Sadly, his price tag, his wages and the fact we’ve put a lot of eggs in the Grealish basket will all raise the pressure on him.

If he’s still performing as is by Christmas, I do think they’ll be heat coming down on him. I’d never boo a blue in the stadium, but I’m entitled to voice my opinion, concern on a player performance thread.
Again...spot on, whilst I'm unconvinced (and always was with Jack Grealish) I am really hoping he can prove me wrong. This is not a case of wanting him to fail and play badly just so I and other critics can say I told you so, that would be ridiculous !
However there are posters that have been saying from day one that he is (or will be) a superstar and a City legend, its those posters who are frankly deluded and desperate and therefore its reasonable to describe them as "fanboys" but hey that's their opinion.....and I also have mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.