10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you 100%. The problem is that if he does go 'full Jack' at some point, we may find he has the same, ultimately negative, impact that Rodney Marsh had in the 70s.

Jack's learning how to play for Pep Guardiola. He'll have his moments, but I doubt we'll see him overdoing the flashy bits.
I don't want to see the flash, but I want to see a player take on a man or at least make them commit.

Jack doesn't have much going on in between the ears outside of football but its been said several times that his footballing intelligence is up there with the best.

He is doing exactly what Pep wants, if its not what we want as fans then so be it. Jack is playing a crucial role for the team, its one of the hardest positions for any footballer under Pep to master. Look how long it took Mahrez for example. It is why Pep is so insistent in playing Foden out wide also, you are forced into learning and developing faster than pretty much anywhere else on the pitch.

Do I want him to do more of what he did v Leipzig for example, yeah I do but I also recognize the role he is playing in the team. He doesn't need to be roy of the rovers like he was for Villa. He is a cog in a much bigger and complex system here.

Yes,and he played well in Pep's starting 11 of the new season.

He has improved enormously,and he will continue to get better.

I like your input,but i think you have a blind spot here buddy.
I am not knocking the guy for his performance yesterday, but he's a talent and a high quality player when he makes the opposition defenders commit, in our shirt we simply don't see enough of that....so far.

I am not knocking the guy for his performance yesterday, but he's a talent and a high quality player when he makes the opposition defenders commit, in our shirt we simply don't see enough of that....so far.

Again,how much of that is instruction? What was noticeable yesterday was how much his presence drew/occupied defenders and allowed space elsewhere.....we just have to learn how to properly exploit it and the rest of our attack make the most of it.

I don’t think anyone should be knocking the guy based on yesterday’s performance.

He kept the ball well, looked dangerous throughout, played a key role in our second goal and should have had an assist.

He’s had an encouraging start to the season and will hopefully build on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.