10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could that be more to do with peps instructions? Ie keep the ball and no risks
I don’t know about that, Pep was talking to him a few times in the first half pointing “up the line” or “forward” or “Haaland” or something in the direction of goal to him, with Jack even waving his hand as if to say “I know yeah, that way”.

Pep always says he allows players to take risks, they’re allowed to lose the ball and make mistakes, as long as they want the ball to make positive contributions.

Jack deserves a song or 2 next Saturday so he knows he’s one of ours.

Press & opposition players trying to get to him now. They can all Fook off. I’m glad we have Jack & would hate to be playing against him.

think you need better glasssse
16 touches
1. Picks up ball left of center at halfway line
2. Runs through middle and scores
3. On the left side does a quick spin pass on a defender then cuts to the line for a return pass
4 Hugs left touchline then feeds overlapping Leftback
5. Picks up ball on left wing then cuts inside with his dribble.
6.Gets in behind defense on left attacking area if pitch to pick up a long pass for a shot.
7. Receives ball on left touchline then passes it to the center.

8. Picks up ball in the center of the park and pases forward
9. Fast break move, Grealish on right sideline, puts a forward cross through to attacker bombing forward.
10. Pick up ball left touchline and beats a man.
11.pucks ball up on the left corner of the 18 box dribbles then crosses

12. Receives ball in the middle of the pitch.
13. Dribbles through middle of the pitch.
14. Picks up ball on left touchline goes on inside run and shoots.
15. Picks up ball iddle of the pitch and runs.
16. Picks up ball at Right Center and passes into the middle.***

Perhaps you should let the evidence and not your preconceived notions determine what you see.

My glasses work just fine :)

in our team he looks bang average

I thought at the end of last season he showed snippets of what he can bring to the team but he kinda reverted back to the low risk play. he is a very skilled footballer, no doubt, but his end product is still lacking.

I thought at the end of last season he showed snippets of what he can bring to the team but he kinda reverted back to the low risk play. he is a very skilled footballer, no doubt, but his end product is still lacking.
he does not need end product to justify his worth to the team. pep agrees with me and keeps playing him

He’s not bang average though is he? He has a skill set that Pep absolutely adores and it’s because he can kill a ball and pass under pressure to keep possession that will see him in the team.
Pep wants control more than anything else. Grealish gives him that. Now it’s not what the average fan wants to see because they believe a winger should be flying down the sides of the pitch beating players and wiping the ball in but then those same fans haven’t really paid much attention to our build up play the last few years.
If he plays in a similar vein every week like he did Sunday he will play the vast majority of games because Pep will be made up.
We will still have to read the same nonsense on here from the same half dozen but it won’t matter to anyone but them and by that point most will just ignore them as they wail at the moon.

I don’t know about that, Pep was talking to him a few times in the first half pointing “up the line” or “forward” or “Haaland” or something in the direction of goal to him, with Jack even waving his hand as if to say “I know yeah, that way”.

Pep always says he allows players to take risks, they’re allowed to lose the ball and make mistakes, as long as they want the ball to make positive contributions.
Yeah i find it hard to believe Pep wouldn’t want his wide men to take on a fullback in the final 3rd. KDB takes more risks than most hence him having plenty of off days when his passing radar not it’s world class self. He certainly didn’t tell Messi and Robben not to take on defenders either. We’ve also got a fullback who’s willing to dribble pretty much anywhere on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.