10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE Doku, but a very small part of me loves that a large majority of our fanbase realizes what a good player Grealish is when he's not out there.

dont think he would have started even if he is match fit, but could have been an option to come in. or to move Doku right, Foden middle, Alvarez off, Grealish on.

I LOVE Doku, but a very small part of me loves that a large majority of our fanbase realizes what a good player Grealish is when he's not out there.
Not for Doku...for Alvarez...I can't see how Alvarez continues to play in a 10 while Grealish isn't even a consideration.

Not a knock on Julien who gives it his all and has had some big moments but him being on the pitch at 1-0 in the 80th against a team of Liverpool's quality just doesn't give us the best chance to see the game out...I get that Kovacic and Nunes were not available but we could have brought Rico on...I have to believe Johnny Stones being on the bench was just a smokescreen by Pep...

Not for Doku...for Alvarez...I can't see how Alvarez continues to play in a 10 while Grealish isn't even a consideration.

Not a knock on Julien who gives it his all and has had some big moments but him being on the pitch at 1-0 in the 80th against a team of Liverpool's quality just doesn't give us the best chance to see the game out...I get that Kovacic and Nunes were not available but we could have brought Rico on...I have to believe Johnny Stones being on the bench was just a smokescreen by Pep...
You don't need to convince me, mate. I think everyone on this forum realized that Alvarez should have come off earlier. I don't know enough about tactics but it sure looked like Alvarez was late to TAA on his goal.

You don't need to convince me, mate. I think everyone on this forum realized that Alvarez should have come off earlier. I don't know enough about tactics but it sure looked like Alvarez was late to TAA on his goal.
He absolutely was. It's not really his fault as he's in no way a central midfielder. It's not the first time either but I don't want to make it about me taking a pop at the kid. He's being asked to drive in a nail with not a hammer but a wrench.

Meanwhile, it's creating a huge workload for both Bernardo and Rodri and it's been very apparent of late the impact that's had on Rodri's ability to do what he does on the front end...with Phil and Doku each side of Haaland we'd be better served with a Kovacic for his general nuance or Grealish who I think would kill it given the same space Julien gets next to Bernardo (obviously they weren't options today but I'm talking in general). If KDB makes a healthy and fit return I'd have to slot him in for Alvarez straight away...

Assuming he’s fit and can give 60 minutes, I reckon it’s time to play him in the middle and give Alvarez a rest. Grealish has more ‘stickability’ and more physique than Foden, and we could do with someone in the middle who can tie things together. Might as well use the remaining Champions League games to try something different.

Nowt to do with Doku today as he did his job brilliantly. Would have been nice to have the option of Jack for Foden or especially Alvarez

Pep knows that Julian hasn't been at his best recently, but we don't want to discourage him and invite offers. Deep down we know Haaland *may* move in 1-2 seasons and few players are better to succeed him at City than Julian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.