10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he was that bad tbh. Pep obviously loves Jack and it couldn't have been easy for him to sub him off. I don't think Doku was that bid of an upgrade.

I don't think he was that bad tbh. Pep obviously loves Jack and it couldn't have been easy for him to sub him off. I don't think Doku was that bid of an upgrade.
He’s never that bad. He’s a got a great touch and close control so he’s never gonna be shit like some players on an off day with the ball bouncing off him. He was just very ineffective offering no threat again. Doku was a big upgrade as he drew men to him and helped up the tempo.

With his decent touch and control I think he’d be better playing centrally, with Doku out wide. He gives us good possession so it’d be a shame to drop him, just try him in the Gundogan role perhaps?

Grealish is a limited player who is asked to perform a particular role and does so adequately and occasionally very well.

Unfortunately, his 2-3 month spell after the World Cup last season is starting to look like a purple patch in the context of the rest of his City career.

Jack's problem is there is no end product , he attracts two/three players and makes space for others but he isnt creating enough , he is a lot better player than we are witnessing at the moment , Doku is ahead of him he is assisting and creating havoc for opposing full backs.
It's hard to understand when he was scoring and assisting regularly for Villa before signing for City. He has less freedom playing for us but is playing with better players so I would have expected similar numbers. For a long time I thought he was just a bit unlucky but the lack of goals and assists has been a consistent issue which points to a larger problem.
Still think that he can play a big part in our success.

Jack is player of confidence, typical virgo...

He is born on 10-th of September, me myself 20..

So how I work as usual. As soon as I feel challenge at work or manager hires someone like me, I as usual seek another job, where I work alone and feel safety in terms of competition, that's when I operate better and do my best.

I like when I have something guaranteed and don't feel someone's breath behind my back. I don't say that it's good, but that's how I am and definitely not gonna change.

Jack also needs that guarantee, otherwise he ain't gonna play his best football.

Right now he feels challenge and lacks assurances from the manager I guess.

As soon that situation is resolved and gats guaranteed place, I'm sure he will be as good as he was last year.

Last year he knew that he will always play, no matter what and eventually he progressed to the world-class level..
At Aston Villa he was captain, one-man-team and also he was world-class there..

Challenge ruins him, safety makes him stronger.

Manager's job is to know each player and what makes them tick and manage team accordingly.

Jack is player of confidence, typical virgo...

He is born on 10-th of September, me myself 20..

So how I work as usual. As soon as I feel challenge at work or manager hires someone like me, I as usual seek another job, where I work alone and feel safety in terms of competition, that's when I operate better and do my best.

I like when I have something guaranteed and don't feel someone's breath behind my back. I don't say that it's good, but that's how I am and definitely not gonna change.

Jack also needs that guarantee, otherwise he ain't gonna play his best football.

Right now he feels challenge and lacks assurances from the manager I guess.

As soon that situation is resolved and gats guaranteed place, I'm sure he will be as good as he was last year.

Last year he knew that he will always play, no matter what and eventually he progressed to the world-class level..
At Aston Villa he was captain, one-man-team and also he was world-class there..

Challenge ruins him, safety makes him stronger.

Manager's job is to know each player and what makes them tick and manage team accordingly.
Mystic meg returns from the grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.