10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Because Villa didn't want to sell him. They made a huge asking price to put us off but it didn't work. We were adamant about getting him.

That's what I'm getting at. We paid their ridiculous asking price. He's a very good player, but he was never actually worth £100m.

Pep wanted him ,the club believed he was worth spending £100 mill on. He's been an important part of a very successful team,so he was worth paying what it took to get him.The £100mill is irrelevant.To say he was only worth £40/50 mill is just daft.

You'll be telling me that Nunes is a £40m player next.

We overpaid. We nearly always do. If not in transfer fees, then in wages/bonuses.

Hewas never only worth £40 /50 mill, we did try to pay £85 mill which was about right , but £40 /50 mill that's a ridiculous price.

Why, exactly? With a fraction of the £100m they got for Jack, they bought Leon Bailey, who is now looking much better than Grealish did at Villa, let alone now. I actually think £50m would've been an overpayment, considering how many far better players have gone for far less.

Why, exactly? With a fraction of the £100m they got for Jack, they bought Leon Bailey, who is now looking much better than Grealish did at Villa, let alone now. I actually think £50m would've been an overpayment, considering how many far better players have gone for far less.
No, because Pep didn’t want a player that plays like Bailey, he wanted a player that plays like Jack Grealish, thats why he bought him,it’s why he plays him in the bigger games and why we won a treble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.