10pm pubs shut Saturday 26th september

My Fair City got the reputation of the drunkest and most dangerous cities in the empire, due to pubs shutting at 10, back when I was a dna strand. It was the norm, that everybody got totally smashed,drinking far too much in a short time and resulting in crowds of steaming, angry men pouring out of the many pubs. Not quite hugging, but rolling about fighting was the norm. Unless they bring in a system where they can limit what people drink, I predict a riot.

I’ve always been a bit of a drinker.

Not at home during the week but always used to have a few pints on a Friday after work at the local and be on it all day/night at the footy on a Saturday.

Since March, in six months, I’ve had six cans of Guinness and four Old Fashioneds. That’s it.

I have no interest in going to the pub or going out drinking until things go back to normal.

personally I’ve found pubs, bars and restaurants more enjoyable than what they was before - they’re less busy now, you get better table service and it’s just all alot calmer.

The lock down of students should be for life.
If a pub follows the rules then they should be safe.
Doing a pub crawl is stupid and getting passed is not the brightest of ideas as well.

Had my fifth beer in a pub area yesterday since the first day of Cheltenham, first time me & Mrs Moon tried to sit inside....all others have been in quiet beer gardens in the sun/warmth

The pub was on the ball, clean & tidy etc but we ended up taking our drinks outside to finish off....just not comfy, mind you we were in Morecambe....

AS for closing at 22.00 I can't see what difference that can make, possibly even make it worse. People will just go out early or carry on with a house party.

cf7f62eda627e1673c346b7b4fc1d6da.jpg

Can't even get the time right double ten /20

Had my fifth beer in a pub area yesterday since the first day of Cheltenham, first time me & Mrs Moon tried to sit inside....all others have been in quiet beer gardens in the sun/warmth

The pub was on the ball, clean & tidy etc but we ended up taking our drinks outside to finish off....just not comfy, mind you we were in Morecambe....

AS for closing at 22.00 I can't see what difference that can make, possibly even make it worse. People will just go out early or carry on with a house party.
Yes Friday has always been my night out for a fair few pints of Guinness and last night was no exception.My local pub for the last 48 years had everything in place.I went out an hour earlier than usual.
Signing in,hand sanitizer,table service and distancing as far as was possible,no standing and if you went for a pee or a cigarette then masks had to be worn until you reached either destination.
Mine host is a brilliant manager,albeit he`s a dyed in the wool Dipper, and as he says he`s taking no risks as its his livelihood and health that are at risk,along with his staff and customers.Last orders were 9.15 and all and sundry had to be out of the pub spot on 10.00 pm.Felt strange being back into my house at 10.10 pm but its something we`ll all have to get used to hopefully for the next few months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.