11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think id like to see him play RW more, if only to balance the team better.

Lets Grealish play LW more, gets Foden in the middle and while Foden is doing well on RW, we need his creativity and goals in the middle more than 1v1 dribbling on the wing which Doku has.

Doku isnt much of a goal scorer right now, he is a wing creator like Grealish (who cant score but can create).

This means we need our middle players to be goals, and currently thats a big strength of Foden.

Foden paired with Bernie would be great, Alvarez false 9 if Haaland is out.
Just an observation about “creator” Grealish. I think he has two assists this season (one in the Prem).

Just an observation about “creator” Grealish. I think he has two assists this season (one in the Prem).
You dont want to just look at assists to judge how good a creator somebody is if you want to use stats, as of course assists are only granted if somebody scores the chance you make.

Per 90, Grealish ranks 1st in expected assisted goals in our team, and 2nd in shot creating actions (barely behind Doku).

These stats are better to judge a "creator", which Grealish clearly is.

You dont want to just look at assists to judge how good a creator somebody is if you want to use stats, as of course assists are only granted if somebody scores the chance you make.

Per 90, Grealish ranks 1st in expected assisted goals in our team, and 2nd in shot creating actions (barely behind Doku).

I had two xS (expected shags) yesterday…

… But ended up having a wank.

Don't give too much logic here, some guys just can't handle it.

I'd love to believe he is a good creator but the period over which his numbers have been low is so long that I think he is just not a reliable source of assists when playing in our team structure.
I cannot recall Jack playing any ball similar to what Bobb did to Foden for Alvarez's goal.
I like him as a player and his commitment to the club but I do think that a wide forward for City should be scoring and assisting more regularly.

I'd love to believe he is a good creator but the period over which his numbers have been low is so long that I think he is just not a reliable source of assists when playing in our team structure.
I cannot recall Jack playing any ball similar to what Bobb did to Foden for Alvarez's goal.
I like him as a player and his commitment to the club but I do think that a wide forward for City should be scoring and assisting more regularly.
I think everyone thinks that. See the way he reacts when he scores, I think it obviously weighs on him that he's not scoring enough.

Since Doku has been out he's been playing his way into form though. When he's playing well he contributes enormously to our attacking play and would start in our biggest games.

Be handy if we could finish as well. Been at least several chances this year that the other player has fcked up which has lost the assist for Jack.

Be handy if we could finish as well. Been at least several chances this year that the other player has fcked up which has lost the assist for Jack.

This, Grealish have already done more than enough to create a chances but unfortunately the other player that receiving his passes is not kicking the ball to the net enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.