11 | Jeremy Doku - 2024/25

I don't think he had a particularly good cameo tonight but he did more in the 10 minutes on the pitch than grealish, savinho and bernardo managed all game. Currently the only winger who at least makes you think he might make something happen.
Game was calling for him to come on much sooner not sure why Pep left it so late.
he makes it look like he will make something happen but very rarely ever does make anything happen. And while there is a place for this kind of chaos its never going to be in the big games unless we are chasing something.

I didnt want him to come on last night, I thought there was as much chance of him costing us the game as winning the game and i didnt want us to take the risk.

he makes it look like he will make something happen but very rarely ever does make anything happen. And while there is a place for this kind of chaos its never going to be in the big games unless we are chasing something.

I didnt want him to come on last night, I thought there was as much chance of him costing us the game as winning the game and i didnt want us to take the risk.
I'm not going to deny he doesn't need to up his output substantially, we all know that is needed but he's 22 and been here a year, no reason to doubt that will happen as he settles and learns.

Last night he provided the cross for gundo at the death that could and many will say should have won us the game and you're saying you'd rather he didn't come on and do that because you'd rather not potentially see an increased risk of losing over an increased chance to win?

Entitled to your opinion of course but that's not one I can agree with. I want to see us try to win first and foremost.

I'm not going to deny he doesn't need to up his output substantially, we all know that is needed but he's 22 and been here a year, no reason to doubt that will happen as he settles and learns.

Last night he provided the cross for gundo at the death that could and many will say should have won us the game and you're saying you'd rather he didn't come on and do that because you'd rather not potentially see an increased risk of losing over an increased chance to win?

Entitled to your opinion of course but that's not one I can agree with. I want to see us try to win first and foremost.
yeah the cross was a good one last night, I will give him that but its too infrequent, he has time of course and is only young so the potential is there.

My point was at 0-0 it was a very tight game and not one we could afford to lose and in this instance a point is fine(there are not many of those in the season for us) thats why i would have preffered to stay as we are with bernardo there than bringing on Doku.

If fans want to see Doku improve his end product he will need to play.

People said the same about Salah at a young age. ‘Can beat a player but no end product…’

Doku for me at 22 has all the attributes to make him a top winger if he does improve his end product he would be considered world class. How would you stop what he does if he can find a killer pass/cross after he goes past you. Or a finish into the corner.

Exciting talent.

If fans want to see Doku improve his end product he will need to play.

People said the same about Salah at a young age. ‘Can beat a player but no end product…’

Doku for me at 22 has all the attributes to make him a top winger if he does improve his end product he would be considered world class. How would you stop what he does if he can find a killer pass/cross after he goes past you. Or a finish into the corner.

Exciting talent.
cant even take a good corner with the amount he's generating the mean time. I swear we had one red hot season at set pieces and then nothing again...

Have you got a short memory or or are you confused with Grealish rarely making anything happen? Did you not want him to come on second half in the FA Cup final too?

We were chasing the game 2-0 down at HT looking like we didn't have a goal in us until Doku came on second half and looked like he was up for it. Could have had an assist if Halland hit the net instead of the bar. Had that gone in it would gave been a different game, especially as he scored a cracking goal on 86 minutes which would have levelled the game.

Sounds like you don't like Doku. You call it chaos I call it exciting.
Sometimes Doku doesn't do much but he's made more impact in one season than Grealish has made in three.

Have you got a short memory or or are you confused with Grealish rarely making anything happen? Did you not want him to come on second half in the FA Cup final too?

We were chasing the game 2-0 down at HT looking like we didn't have a goal in us until Doku came on second half and looked like he was up for it. Could have had an assist if Halland hit the net instead of the bar. Had that gone in it would gave been a different game, especially as he scored a cracking goal on 86 minutes which would have levelled the game.

Sounds like you don't like Doku. You call it chaos I call it exciting.
Sometimes Doku doesn't do much but he's made more impact in one season than Grealish has made in three.
I literally said when we are chasing he is good to bring on, we werent chasing last night. The Fa Cup was perfect for him. A 0-0 game with the Italian back to back champions who are playing with a back 5 and are lightening on the break is not the ideal game for him imo. We couldnt afford for it to break down too easily going forward and out of all our players he is one of the likeliest to have been a culprit.

Until Doku stops being a younger version of Allan St Maxim, Grealish will rightly start the big games. But its horses for courses plenty of games where he will be ideal. Last night wasnt it imo. He is 22 so has huge potential because he could be an abs monster if he finds an end product, if he doesnt he will be the next St Maxim. Finely balanced.

I literally said when we are chasing he is good to bring on, we werent chasing last night. The Fa Cup was perfect for him. A 0-0 game with the Italian back to back champions who are playing with a back 5 and are lightening on the break is not the ideal game for him imo. We couldnt afford for it to break down too easily going forward and out of all our players he is one of the likeliest to have been a culprit.

Until Doku stops being a younger version of Allan St Maxim, Grealish will rightly start the big games. But its horses for courses plenty of games where he will be ideal. Last night wasnt it imo. He is 22 so has huge potential because he could be an abs monster if he finds an end product, if he doesnt he will be the next St Maxim. Finely balanced.
You didn't say that. You said you didn't want him him to come on last night.

Only way we were going to open them up last night was by somebody beating their man. Doku is the best we have at that. He started to create plenty by the end of last season. Think his last start this season was West Ham where he put one on a plate for KDB. Should have set up the winner last night and also would have sent Grealish clean through had Foden not got in the way. Decent cameo from the lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.