11 | Jeremy Doku - 2024/25

Haaland is the absolute best in the world when it comes to forward runs off the ball during a counterattack, but his instinct and coordination in the box are lacking when playing against the low block. He struggles to find small spaces and doesn't anticipate where the ball could end up. Doesn't have the mind or agility for it.

Its true that Doku sometimes just crosses it in without picking a target but more often Haaland is just hiding instead of pouncing. I think the "blind" cross that Doku is accused of is less common in his game than people think. Check this out:

At 2:36 there is a major cockup and the instinct is to blame Doku for a poor decision, but if you look closely its Lukaku who decides to change direction in the very last moment because hes too slow to shake his defender off.

Either way just an example of how sometimes there is blame for Doku when the blame should go to the recipient. Its often the case with Haaland too.

haaland very rarely gets space to run into in the premier league, i would hazard a guess that over 90% of his goals come from inside the box, usually a very crowded box, to say he doesnt move in the box is very wide of the mark, doku dribbling is fantastic, a player that imo is our most attacking and dangerous, however he does let himself down with the final ball quite a lot , and it isnt haalands fault, its dokus

He's got a bit of arrogance to him now, and I mean that in the best way possible. He looks full of confidence in whatever he's doing. More often than not, it doesn't come off(ha), but him trying is what I want to see from him.

Yeah really wasnt. He is incredibly dangerous and good to watch with the ball in his feet, but thats it. When he doesnt have it, hes useless. No off ball runs, never just moves to make space or pull a defender. Going through the motions on defense, doing the bare minimum. He has very little hustle and grit for his athletic ability. If he diversified his game and became more energetic with a better motor, he would be a top 5 player. But I think he already kinda feels like that. This Belgian generation has a culture of arrogance and laziness. Thats why they are not a great team despite the talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.