11 | Jeremy Doku - 2024/25

Jack and Doku are complete opposites. Jack is a 4-5/10 in dribbling and getting to dangerous positions with the ball and a 8-9/10 in decision making (only because his shooting skills are non-existant). Doku is a 10/10 in dribbling and getting to dangerous positions and a 2-3/10 in decision making.

The thing is, decision making is improved via more experience and game time (as long as the player wants to improve and learn). If Doku doesn't improve that by the end of the season, I would start to become worried, but right now, Doku can be world-class if he improves those aspects (a big if).

Many seem to doubt that a 22 y.o. can get better than he currently is.

Maybe they should be reminded that Grealish was playing in the Championship when he was 22 and scored 3 goals in 27 apps.

Jack got a lot better after that. Nobody really knows, but if Doku improves as much as Jack did between 23 and 25, he'll be a great player. Only time can tell.

Maybe they should be reminded that Grealish was playing in the Championship when he was 22 and scored 3 goals in 27 apps.

Jack got a lot better after that. Nobody really knows, but if Doku improves as much as Jack did between 23 and 25, he'll be a great player. Only time can tell.
Or what about Mo Salah how was his output at 22.

Jack's never been a big goal scorer, you know. His best season before joining us was eight goals, in thirty-six league appearances for Villa. He dropped to three in his first season with us, in far fewer appearances to be fair (twenty-six). I don't think he was ever recruited for his goal-scoring abilities. He may well have improved in other ways, of course. For assists he varies between about three and seven over any given season. (Source: FootyStats).
I actually think Doku's shooting skills are not bad. He put one straight into the keeper's arms the other night but a lot of them were doing that (or one yard or so to either side of him). He's also actually quite hard to knock off the ball. It's his crossing that needs to improve.

Jack's never been a big goal scorer, you know. His best season before joining us was eight goals, in thirty-six league appearances for Villa. He dropped to three in his first season with us, in far fewer appearances to be fair (twenty-six). I don't think he was ever recruited for his goal-scoring abilities. He may well have improved in other ways, of course. For assists he varies between about three and seven over any given season. (Source: FootyStats).
I actually think Doku's shooting skills are not bad. He put one straight into the keeper's arms the other night but a lot of them were doing that (or one yard or so to either side of him). He's also actually quite hard to knock off the ball. It's his crossing that needs to improve.

I know about Jack. The thing is, he has improved a lot after his Championship years, even if the stats aren’t impressive. Doku can get better, too.

Salah was about Doku's age when he was at Chelsea and flopped there. Maybe Mourinho was at fault, but he wasn't great. He improved a lot in Italy and was starting to show his real quality when he was 24 or so.

Doku has had a great start to his career with us. Like every, single player, he has good points and areas to develop.

Every season, some people lack objectivity with certain players and condemn them. They focus on bad games, and rarely mention good ones. They concentrate on what a player cannot do, rather than what they bring to the team.

We cannot keep winning titles with so many flawed players - it just would not happen - so celebrate these gifted young players who have managed to grab a first team place at the best club in world football; there is a reason they are in the team even if they have further to go.
What's your %?

Lol condemn

Last edited:
I know about Jack. The thing is, he has improved a lot after his Championship years, even if the stats aren’t impressive. Doku can get better, too.

Salah was about Doku's age when he was at Chelsea and flopped there. Maybe Mourinho was at fault, but he wasn't great. He improved a lot in Italy and was starting to show his real quality when he was 24 or so.

By the way, I'm completely on board with your assessment that Jérémy has a margin for improvement. At 22 he obviously does. But I think we can both agree that he does need to improve in certain areas. Simply, I just wonder how much game time he's going to get to carry out those improvements, because I think that, right now, both Bobb and Savinho are cannier footballers.
Doku has explosive pace and he can have many full backs on toast. Or defences have to double up against him. Which inevitably creates space elsewhere. We start from that. It's already not bad.

By the way, I'm completely on board with your assessment that Jérémy has a margin for improvement. At 22 he obviously does. But I think we can both agree that he does need to improve in certain areas. Simply, I just wonder how much game time he's going to get to carry out those improvements, because I think that, right now, both Bobb and Savinho are cannier footballers.
Doku has explosive pace and he can have many full backs on toast. Or defences have to double up against him. Which inevitably creates space elsewhere. We start from that. It's already not bad.

He will get a lot of minutes because we have to play a lot of games this season. Hopefully, he will get better.

BTW, as someone pointed out, he was a bit unlucky not to have several assists to his name. In terms of created chances, he was 3rd in the league after the first 3-4 games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.