#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steady eddy, doesn't take any risks and keeps the ball ticking over which I know is important. I think we will go for a LB though, can't help but feel that we are missing another part of our game on that side.

Got skinned a few times first half but once he settled he played well

Even if he isn't a "real" left back, the fact is I don't think there are ANY leftbacks in the world as comfortable passing and coming inside to play inverted than Zinchenko.

Now Zinchenko is definitely not a defensive wall, but Dias makes up for that weakness, and lets Zinchenko's strengths simultaneously used more often, he was next to Dinho for so much of the match with a back 3 behind him.

Perhaps also, instead of looking at leftbacks for the leftback position, we should look at midfielders who can be molded in this inverted role (strangely as it sounds).

You can see how it also frees the left sided 8 (Gundogan) into more attacking spaces as well.

We still need a new natural left back.

But it's always nice to know Zinny is a solid option we can fall back on.

Even if he isn't a "real" left back, the fact is I don't think there are ANY leftbacks in the world as comfortable passing and coming inside to play inverted than Zinchenko.

Now Zinchenko is definitely not a defensive wall, but Dias makes up for that weakness, and lets Zinchenko's strengths simultaneously used more often, he was next to Dinho for so much of the match with a back 3 behind him.

Perhaps also, instead of looking at leftbacks for the leftback position, we should look at midfielders who can be molded in this inverted role (strangely as it sounds).

You can see how it also frees the left sided 8 (Gundogan) into more attacking spaces as well.
He's a nice option. I've spoken on other threads about having variety in positions and Zinchenko adds to what we have on that front.

He's a nice option. I've spoken on other threads about having variety in positions and Zinchenko adds to what we have on that front.
Yeah, and perhaps we do want another "normal" leftback to have those options as well.

Something I noticed since he came back, is that he seems to be crossing more? I feel like he was very reluctant to do this the last 2 seasons which always annoyed me, he's a fairly decent crosser.

Yeah, and perhaps we do want another "normal" leftback to have those options as well.

Something I noticed since he came back, is that he seems to be crossing more? I feel like he was very reluctant to do this the last 2 seasons which always annoyed me, he's a fairly decent crosser.
Yeah that's a good spot.

Don't think he playing more inside in the newly crowned cancelo role worked very well first half, he's better holding the width and allowing somebody else to occupy that space but second half he was excellent, had an extra bit of aggression and determination that you see from the like of KDB and Stones that allowed him to step up another gear tonight. Can be very happy with that performance. Everytime he's put of the picture and looking like he's dispensible if a decent bid comes in he puts in a run of very solid games and shows his worth to the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.