#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be pretty unfair to judge his ability in midfield on a 20 minute cameo when we're 5-0 up.

Really? Personally I think us being 5-0 up and the opposition completely deflated should have given him a platform to showcase what he can do in that role.

Can't comment on him or anybody second half as it was coast mode but was very good first half again, his new found aggression improves him tenfold.

Really? Personally I think us being 5-0 up and the opposition completely deflated should have given him a platform to showcase what he can do in that role.

Well that's stupid. It was 5-0, we were coasting. Pep had taken off the important players, it was a giant 20ft Neon sign saying "Take it easy, lads". West Brom had brought on extra CBs and just hoped to keep it at 5. The referee wasn't even blowing up for fouls unless he had to.

If you want to evaluate a player, you start them in an otherwise full strength side.

Not his best performance today in either defense or midfield. Felt like he was forcing his passes more than usual. I though his corner deliveries were pretty good, barring the first one which hit the first man.

Still think his strengths outweigh his weaknesses at fullback in our system. We don't need a conventional profile for our fullbacks.

Won't be surprised if we neglect to sign anyone for LB this summer. Bigger fish to fry all of a sudden.

When he keeps it simple he can do a job. When Laporte came on and he was pushed further forward, I thought his limitations were more apparent.

We need a new LB but Zin is an excellent backup.
I think he tries too hard sometimes, and when he goes into midfield he tries things which don’t come off, but at left back he seems a lot calmer and more composed. Presumably having Dias next to him is a big factor in his improvement as well.

He deserves to be part of the squad though like you say.

Wrong. We were in contain mode. No need trying btoo hard like Gabby and Ferran. They had to coz they had just come on. Zinchy didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.