#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pep was so convinced by Zinchenko being this “world class” LB in his system why would he play FOUR other players in his position in the same season?
About the only outfield players in the squad this doesn't apply to are Rodri and the centre backs. They've had 3 players instead of 4.

He really is marmite isn’t he? There are games when he looks shockingly bad then looks equally good. He is so one footed it’s untrue.

Then again.

He reminds me of Paul Power, but, a feeling that he’s alright until someone better comes along. Nobody really did with Paul so who knows?

My view hasn’t really changed, Zin still has the same attributes he’s always had. His main attribute is recycling the ball. His crossing is useless and defensively he’s not great. Lucky for him Dias or Laporte are always there to mop up.

As someone mentioned on another thread you only need to look at all the players we played at LB recently to see Pep isn’t all too convinced with Zin either. This season alone we’ve seen Cancelo, Laporte, Ake, and Mendy all play LB.

If Pep was so convinced by Zinchenko being this “world class” LB in his system why would he play FOUR other players in his position in the same season?
Can you give me an instance where Laporte and Dias bailed him out in this run. Give me an example. I can't even remember him playing with Laporte that much. During this run of match wins which player has been the most trusted in that LB spot? It's Zinchenko by a mile. Saying Pep putting Laporte, Ake and Mendy early in the season at LB as example of him not trusting Zinchenko enough is plain dishonest. For whatever reason he did not appear in our early matches whether it's injury or some other things, it doesn't matter now. Thank God he finally showed up at our lineup. And mentioning 3 players who have not even lit up at that spot or who only had brief cameos is reeking of desperation.

Last edited:
Can you give me an instance where Laporte and Dias bailed him out in this run. Give me an example. I can't even remember him playing with Laporte that much. During this run of match wins which player has been the most trusted in that LB spot? It's Zinchenko by a mile. Saying Pep putting Laporte, Ake and Mendy early in the season at LB as example of him not trusting Zinchenko enough is plain dishonest. For whatever reason he did not appear in our early matches whether it's injury or some other things, it doesn't matter now. Thank God he finally showed up at our lineup. And mentioning 3 players who have not even lit up at that spot or who only had brief cameos is reeking of desperation.

haha are you serious? How many times has Dias been one v one with an attacker and bailed out Zin? Countless times but Ruben is an incredible defender and stops the attack so it goes unnoticed.

Sometimes it does go wrong though like at Anfield where Dias was one v one with Salah as Zinchenko was nowhere to be seen. Salah dived, won the penalty and scored it.

haha are you serious? How many times has Dias been one v one with an attacker and bailed out Zin? Countless times but Ruben is an incredible defender and stops the attack so it goes unnoticed.

Sometimes it does go wrong though like at Anfield where Dias was one v one with Salah as Zinchenko was nowhere to be seen. Salah dived, won the penalty and scored it.
Must be getting tired looking for a loss you can blame on Zinchenko. Sadly for you he had another cracker today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.