#11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent player but no Cancelo , he tried in the middle of the park against West Ham, tidy player who gives little away but not on the same level as Cancelo for creativity , not many better left backs around at the moment than Zinchenko
A very dumb comparison considering he “tried it” in a team full of players coming back from injury or getting minutes.

If you want to judge him vs Cancelo , at least do it when it’s a like for like comparison.

For me we are a far more balanced side when he’s in there and he allows the movement ahead due to him playing the Busquets role from left back. What a great attitude to boot.

You cannot fault this young man since he came to us. He has fought for his place time and time again and I think is finally being appreciated for what he brings to the team. Just starting to reach his prime and he will get even better. £1m he cost us. £1m....

That is complete and utter bollocks.

We never spend less than 50 mill on anyone, even an occasional squad player.

A very dumb comparison considering he “tried it” in a team full of players coming back from injury or getting minutes.

If you want to judge him vs Cancelo , at least do it when it’s a like for like comparison.

For me we are a far more balanced side when he’s in there and he allows the movement ahead due to him playing the Busquets role from left back. What a great attitude to boot.

Dumb ?, did you ever watch Busquets play ? Totally different type of player , different position and different attributes , Zinchenko is a decent player as stated but do not liken him to one of the best midfield anchormen to play the game ,i will reserve judgement on your I.Q.

Dumb ?, did you ever watch Busquets play ? Totally different type of player , different position and different attributes , Zinchenko is a decent player as stated but do not liken him to one of the best midfield anchormen to play the game ,i will reserve judgement on your I.Q.

what made Busquets one of the best?

He was always available for a quick pass.

He passed it off extremely quick and often the simplest of passes.

He immediately moved to make himself available.

Rinse. Repeat.

This is exactly what Pep is using Zinchenko to do. He just does it from left back. The results are unbelievable and it’s not coincidence that when Zinchenko came back in we suddenly saw different levels from Rodri and Gundogan.

I’m loving what Cancelo is doing, but when we play him from left back there’s a very different change in what we do and that’s down to how he plays from there. Both are fantastic, Cancelo certainly is nicer on the eye, but what Zinchenko is doing is unlocking those to the side and front of him in a very different way.

what made Busquets one of the best?

He was always available for a quick pass.

He passed it off extremely quick and often the simplest of passes.

He immediately moved to make himself available.

Rinse. Repeat.

This is exactly what Pep is using Zinchenko to do. He just does it from left back. The results are unbelievable and it’s not coincidence that when Zinchenko came back in we suddenly saw different levels from Rodri and Gundogan.

I’m loving what Cancelo is doing, but when we play him from left back there’s a very different change in what we do and that’s down to how he plays from there. Both are fantastic, Cancelo certainly is nicer on the eye, but what Zinchenko is doing is unlocking those to the side and front of him in a very different way.

All our player are available for a quick pass , just like Pep's Barca team , it isnt exclusive to Zinchenko comparing him to Busquets is a stretch , he played central was more offensive and read the game like no other player , if Zinchenko was as good at reading the game he wouldnt have been 20 yards away from Coufal when he crossed for West Ham to score. Ive stated Zinchenko is an excellent player but give over with the Busquets comparsions , like chalk and cheese.

I couldn’t believe some of the stick Zinchenko copped in the match thread. For me he (and Ferna) were City’s better players in the starting 11 outside of the two CBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.