11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I am.

Though he's missed only 3 games in the league through injury. He's been an un-used sub in 6 games and played 45' and 11' minutes in the other two. One of which was due to Walker getting injured. Just seems a bit odd is all.
It’s kinda hard to even suggest he keeps Cancelo out of the team on merit, don’t you think?

Cancelo is being called one of the best left backs in the world atm! He’s creating goals and has been somewhat of a revelation recently.

I’m not thinking Zin gets a game unless Walker or Cancelo gets injured or Pep wants to give one of them a rest.

In the Prem, with only 3 subs, it’s sometimes difficult to use one of them for a full back, esp with 20-30 mins to go, which is the kind of run out that’s meaningful.

It’s kinda hard to even suggest he keeps Cancelo out of the team on merit, don’t you think?

Cancelo is being called one of the best left backs in the world atm! He’s creating goals and has been somewhat of a revelation recently.

I’m not thinking Zin gets a game unless Walker or Cancelo gets injured or Pep wants to give one of them a rest.

In the Prem, with only 3 subs, it’s sometimes difficult to use one of them for a full back, esp with 20-30 mins to go, which is the kind of run out that’s meaningful.
I agree that right now it's hard to argue against Cancelo because as you said he's been playing well.

Though IMO Zinchenko EARNED the starting position for this season based on what he did last season. Though Pep benched the first three league games of the season before he picked up the injury. It seems pretty clear to me that Cancelo wasn't happy with his playing time last year and Mendes was in the ears of management at City.

I agree that right now it's hard to argue against Cancelo because as you said he's been playing well.

Though IMO Zinchenko EARNED the starting position for this season based on what he did last season. Though Pep benched the first three league games of the season before he picked up the injury. It seems pretty clear to me that Cancelo wasn't happy with his playing time last year and Mendes was in the ears of management at City.
You EARN your starting position in training every day, and on the pitch when you cross the white line.

Everything else is noise…agents included.

You EARN your starting position in training every day, and on the pitch when you cross the white line.

Everything else is noise…agents included.
Zinchenko did just that last year is my point.. I'm not even saying he should be indefinitely starting. I just think it's a little unfair the way he's been treated by Pep. Will be interested to see what happens going forward as I think he's too good of a player to be on the bench.

Zinchenko did just that last year is my point.. I'm not even saying he should be indefinitely starting. I just think it's a little unfair the way he's been treated by Pep. Will be interested to see what happens going forward as I think he's too good of a player to be on the bench.
I can reiterate my point (every day, one the field…NOT LAST SEASON!), but instead let me simply ask WHO DO YOU DROP “because he’s too good to be on the bench”? The two-footed Cancelo, who is currently drawing rave reviews, or do you bench Walker and put Cancelo at RB?

Put another way, Cancelo and Zinchenko are put up for sale…who demands the highest fee ON CURRENT FORM?

The lad is very consistent but also a fairly limited left back. Cancelo on form is on a different level and rightly it’s his place to lose this season.

I'm so glad Pep picks the team, not fans, he'll get plenty of game time this season, not worried in the slightest.
If that’s an allusion to me, I agree. Nowhere have I stated he’s not getting a game this season, considering we will play over 60, plus internationals. But, I will plant my flag on “he’s not currently good enough to make the full strength starting XI, given the performances of the person playing in his position.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.