11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly the only positive from tonight was getting him some minutes, with just 3 fullbacks between the two sides he's going to be required regularly so great to see him back and was as consistent as ever

Think it's time this lad had a run again ,thought he was fine against West ham ,would prefer to see his consistent game to cancelos good to horrific games

Can't wait to see him more. I think he will improve us. He should start vs Brugge

Anyone else the feeling that Pep isn't a fan of Zinny on a personal level?

Because from a sporting perspective, he's a 'Pep' player. He takes care of the ball, works hard off of it, technically sound, etc. Though he's just sort of been tossed aside to play Cancelo, who's played EVERY single minute this season. I know Cancelo has performed well but it does rub me the wrong way after the season he had last year that he can't start a game here and there. The club is giving extensions to Palmer and Steffen for example- who haven't done CLOSE to what Zinchenko has done. I understand his contract is to 2024, but you would think the club would give the guy a pay raise as they did Dias for example. Cole Palmer is probably making more than him now after his contract.

Last edited:

Because from a sporting perspective, he's a 'Pep' player. He takes care of the ball, works hard off of it, technically sound, etc. Though he's just sort of been tossed aside to play Cancelo, who's played EVERY single minute this season. I know Cancelo has performed well but it does rub me the wrong way after the season he had last year that he can't start a game here and there. The club is giving extensions to Palmer and Steffen for example- who haven't done CLOSE to what Zinchenko has done. I understand his contract is to 2024, but you would think the club would give the guy a pay raise as they did Dias for example. Cole Palmer is probably making more than him now after his contract.
You're aware that Zinchenko has spent most of the season injured so far, until very recently?

No
He played him in the champions league final which is as high a regard as you can give anyone.
Zinchenko has been injured and Cancelo has got a good run at left back and is playing great stuff.

You're aware that Zinchenko has spent most of the season injured so far, until very recently?
Yes, I am.

Though he's missed only 3 games in the league through injury. He's been an un-used sub in 6 games and played 45' and 11' minutes in the other two. One of which was due to Walker getting injured. Just seems a bit odd is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.