11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim, I've watched him play for his country a few times, and he has a lot more skill than we often get to see from him, I suspect that is because he's under orders from Pep to be more conservative, and you don't get into Pep's team, if you don't do what you are told.

He's not a full back, he's a midfielder, and good at attacking, I wonder with Fern going if we might see him transform into this at City now ?
I have asked this on here before, probably a couple of seasons back and possible it was before Rodri's arrival or said during the first season as he was struggling a bit (obviously, I was wrong about Rodri, what a player he has turned into btw)

Zinchenko is a clubs perfect substitute, he can cover so many positions that it gives a manager other options on the bench,Zin can competently play LB, LWB, LM, LW, DM, MC and AM and all for the princely sum of 1.9m love it, absolutely love it.

Respect to him for turning down a move to battle for a place in this talent filled squad.

As of today, Manchester City historical records show that Zinchenko has made 128 appearances for City since 2017, the vast majority as left back. Whether we think he is good bad or indifferent and whatever his own and Ukraine's preferences, can we stop claiming he is not "a real left back", the facts are that for City he is and has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.